For optimum encoding settings check out the following thread I just created: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...07#post1284107

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
BTW, a lot of HDTVs now have the ability to play videos themselves, and have USB ports to connect to an external storage device (such as an N900 or N9). No HDMI port needed!
of course!!

ps: Philips tvs do it from 2009!

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Hi... First of all..

Fact - 1 : N9 cannot play HD / High resolution videos.
Fact - 2 : I still love my N9 like anything.

No point in spending 20 pages time for something which is not available for now on your phone.

For YouTube lovers.. Simply use Cute-Tube app (YouTube client for N9). This is simply best & allows to download / play videos.

Since its meant for N9. It will download videos with best possible resolution compatible for N9 (and will play in full screen mode, to be noted)

Case Closed.

Originally Posted by Matt-UAE View Post
Hi... First of all..

Fact - 2 : I still love my N9 like anything.

No point in spending 20 pages time for something which is not available for now on your phone.

For YouTube lovers.. Simply use Cute-Tube app (YouTube client for N9). This is simply best & allows to download / play videos.

Since its meant for N9. It will download videos with best possible resolution compatible for N9 (and will play in full screen mode, to be noted)

Case Closed.
Saying that it cant is probably a long shot.
Using the dsp + mpeg4 you can probably decode easily (considering you have 1 GB of RAM).

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2012-10-27 at 12:07.

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by Matt-UAE View Post
Hi... First of all..

Case Closed.
Well, if you're smart-arsing here, then do it right. Here's mine:
HD means 1080p/i and 720p. You're referring to FullHD only which the N9 can't play and that's annoying, true.

N9 records 720p with 30fps at about 6 Mb/sec (not too bad) and plays encoded 720p fine, if specs are met.
Current Maemo Community Council member