Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
Now pushing to apps.formeego testing 0.1.55
A "beta" usable release, providing countries filtering in backends and favourite managements. The application is pretty stable, but not really featured.

Next target: "routing" API and then, more providers.

EDIT:
Merging my app with other apps might be kinda tricky since people like their own app / API or UI. But, since all the apps around are open-source, I will integrate some of them in my code, and try if it works well.

Potential new providers:
  • bahn.de (fahrplan)
  • sbb.ch (fahrplan)
  • 131500.com.au (fahrplan)
  • rejseplanen.dk (fahrplan)
  • oebb.at (fahrplan)
  • italian trains (Quando Parte)
  • Vienna (gotovienna)

Last edited by Sfiet_Konstantin; 2012-10-24 at 20:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Toulouse, France
What about supporting openstreetmap data and routing?

Lots of public transportation services are defined in there and that would be the easiest/fastest way of targetting thoses services in one shot.

The Following User Says Thank You to tigre-bleu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tigre-bleu View Post
What about supporting openstreetmap data and routing?

Lots of public transportation services are defined in there and that would be the easiest/fastest way of targetting thoses services in one shot.
Why not. But now I do not have created API for displaying maps yet. But if you have a bit of code, I would love to see it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Have you considered supporting the CAI interface proposed by project In-Time?

All the details can be found here: http://in-time-project.eu/

Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to kevloral For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kevloral View Post
Have you considered supporting the CAI interface proposed by project In-Time?

All the details can be found here: http://in-time-project.eu/

Best wishes.
Tell me more about that. It seems really interesting, however, it needs subscription to learn more ...

Basically, my implementation provides basic DBus / C++ API, that can interface with virtually anything, so support of nearly all protocols / websites should be alright.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin View Post
Why not. But now I do not have created API for displaying maps yet. But if you have a bit of code, I would love to see it.
I was not speaking of displaying maps per se (which would be nice anyway). I have no code for that either, but I think it should be possible to find some code to display osm tiles from a given tile server.

I was speaking of getting public transportation data (subway stations - lines, bus stations, railway stations, etc...) and use them as a data backbone like you do for others.

The Following User Says Thank You to tigre-bleu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tigre-bleu View Post
I was not speaking of displaying maps per se (which would be nice anyway). I have no code for that either, but I think it should be possible to find some code to display osm tiles from a given tile server.

I was speaking of getting public transportation data (subway stations - lines, bus stations, railway stations, etc...) and use them as a data backbone like you do for others.
Hum ... The idea is to get waiting time, or routes between stations. OSM don't have these features (yet ?) so it might not be useful.

However, having maps of what's covered by transportation lines is a nice addition.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
BTW I got an email from Tampere public transportation service and they told me that the API is very similar to the Helsinki's one (made from a same company) the only different would be that there is more transportation choices in Helsinki. They reminded me that when the application is ready, the developer can contact to have it displayed on the website and I think this also applies for HSL when the app supports Helsinki city, a link to the Store and screenshots are required I think.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
BTW I got an email from Tampere public transportation service and they told me that the API is very similar to the Helsinki's one (made from a same company) the only different would be that there is more transportation choices in Helsinki. They reminded me that when the application is ready, the developer can contact to have it displayed on the website and I think this also applies for HSL when the app supports Helsinki city, a link to the Store and screenshots are required I think.
About the API, I have seen that it is really close to HSL, that's why I'm not worried about implementing it.

It is nice that the company is happy to display the application on the website, even if it is not their app.

But sorry, I have said that I currently paused the developement of backends in order to concentrate on the developement of more APIs. I don't really want my app to be only one entry ("search station").

And would you mind to provide a finnish translation on transifex (see first page) ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin View Post
And would you mind to provide a finnish translation on transifex (see first page) ?
I will try my best, my finnish isn't really good.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post: