Posts: 54 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Wales, UK
Is this project alive?

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
Originally Posted by DS McGuire View Post
Is this project alive?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...

The Following User Says Thank You to MaddogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Wales, UK
Originally Posted by MaddogG View Post

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...
Best rejection I have ever had!

I only just found that this was out there! Stumbled upon an IRC log talking about making a telepathy-gaben plugin, which wouldn't be terribly hard to port to N900 as well as N9 and Empathy within Gnome-shell.

Really, this would be a great idea. More 'mainstream' applications or plugins, the better.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
I only just found that this was out there! Stumbled upon an IRC log talking about making a telepathy-gaben plugin, which wouldn't be terribly hard to port to N900 as well as N9 and Empathy within Gnome-shell.

Really, this would be a great idea. More 'mainstream' applications or plugins, the better.

slaapliedje
Yeah that's what I'm working on kind of on and off due to getting sidetracked with actual work that I get paid for. Ideally, the plugin will be able to be toggled between mobile and desktop modes, where in mobile, your desktop client will remain logged on, but in desktop mode, you'll be able to access desktop features such as voice chat (and whatever else the mobile steam protocol doesn't support), but you'll be bumped off your client on your desktop if youre already logged in. I'm hoping to have some downtime in the coming weeks, so I'll hopefully have time to work on this.

And yeah, an N900 port would be feasible as long as someone makes an account plugin for it.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Ontario, Canada
Sorry to bump an old thread.

It has been a few months since any reply and just wondering if there has been any progress on this. I know I am not alone when I say I can't wait for something as described above.

If interest has been lost, would it be possible to get instructions on how to get just basic chat working with telepathy-haze?

I know many people, such as myself, would love to donate for the effort.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantron For This Useful Post:
still no answer I think this thread is dead.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
this looks dead but i thought i'd give it a shot

can't hurt to ask...

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
dead pidgin-opensteamworks or SteamPP pidgin plugin porting impossible?

Jolla Phone 16GB (2nd in use).
Jolla Tablet 64GB (repaired).

3D modelling & printing.
CAD/CAM amateur.
Prusa i3 3D printer (Max Micron)
"Smith: Mr. Anderson, welcome back.
We missed you ."

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
Hey guys can it not be done. and yeah, a pidgin plugin would be nice too. now there are two projects that work. all it needs is to be compiled in ARM code. Is there anyone still interested?