Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rce-controller

•Fully user programmable microcontroller, running open-source software
•55 key keyboard - Shoulder buttons -Twin analogue nubs - High-quality Dpad
•New swivel clamp for easier phone handling
•Works as a standard HID (keyboard, joystick, iCade etc) for anything with either bluetooth or USB connections (Mac, PC, Phones, Tablets, PS3 etc.)
•Lasts for 14 hours of active use on a single charge
•Working prototypes finished, ready for mass production now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
I was going to "buy" this off kickstarter.

Then I realized $69 + $20 shipping = $90... no box, no usb, no phone holder.
Craig should get realistic and also ship it before 2 months TM.

I'll just wait for it to actually kick off, then they'll probably sell it for $49 + $15 = $65.
That would be reasonable if they at least included the phone holder.

Because anymore expensive, then you get to the territory of Logitech and Lenovo.

P.S. Besides that, I [probably] won't buy this simply because its too small. I never thought I'd say this myself, for a portable bluetooth device to get larger. But right now its a puny iPhone 4 size. Not even iPhone 5 size. I would've prefered if it was about the size of the SGS3, or even better, if it was the size of the NOTE 2.

I'm flattered

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Size can be a problem indeed, though I don't have big fingers, so that shouldn't be an issue for me.

The phone holders are included in the $75, which is "only" $6 more ^^
I, for one, am pledging to get a reward, but also to help them fund their project, since I kinda resonate with it (even though I will most likely never use it as a gamepad... but who knows ?).
But I'm a sucker for Kickstarter projects, as long as it ignites enough interest in me, so I'm probably the exception

Regarding Logitech and Lenovo, the main interest of the iControlPad 2 is that it's open-source, though obviously it won't benefit the first buyers.

Ah well, I'll tell you guys what I think of it once I get mine (don't expect a thorough review, though).

[Edit] I did read more, and the RAW Reward level ($69) actually does include the phone holders:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ithThePhonHold

Last edited by British; 2012-10-05 at 14:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Everyone would prefer this to be slightly larger but include more functional buttons, larger spacing and bigger buttons.

Rather than slightly smaller.

They only went with that size to attract buyers who have an iPhone, however the iPhone's size increased a little bit and they didn't take advantage of it.

I personally believe they hit the wrong target. This is for "open source" advocates. If it was the same size as the SGN2, it would be alot more comfortable to everyone (especially XL hands). And that extra spacing, extra button size, extra buttons would be more appreciated by iPhone owners too.

Let's face it, at the end of the day... this is going to be in a backpack, purse, jacket pocket or a large pocket. Portability isn't as big concern as Apple's 3.5inch "one-handed" mantra.

I'm flattered