Notices

hi cepi
i install the last github new issuse's version but the notification sound did't work ?
what's wrong?

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
If this is problem only for some, read something also about being related to fastern9 as someone reported, and if no fix exists yet, does somebody still know where to get the old 1509 build? Cepis link on this post doesn't work anymore http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...16#post1267116
You can get the older versions here: http://write.keinism.com/2012/09/03/...nload-archive/

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Version 1.0 will have default Harmattan style notification icons in status bar, but they will be green for Wazapp as shown in screenshot.

If you don't like it, you can replace them with whatever you want.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Last edited by flopjoke; 2012-10-08 at 20:36.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Version 1.0 will have default green notifications in status bar as shown in screenshot.

But if you don't like it, you can replace them with whatever you want.
Of course we can always replace it if we don't like it. But why can't it be done right in the release version?
The green default notification bubble is out of place. Why then not just use the original blue notification bubble like any other messaging App with an adapted UI?
Skype message notifications also use the dark blue default notification icon though the Skype logo itself has a different color.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post:
Version 1.0 will have default Harmattan style notification icons in status bar, but they will be green for Wazapp as shown in screenshot.

If you don't like it, you can replace them with whatever you want.

do you know when the 1.0 wazapp's version well be release please if you know tell us ?

Originally Posted by The Best Isaac View Post
Of course we can always replace it if we don't like it. But why can't it be done right in the release version?
The green default notification bubble is out of place. Why then not just use the original blue notification bubble like any other messaging App with an adapted UI?
Skype message notifications also use the dark blue default notification icon though the Skype logo itself has a different color.
Skype is integrated with the OS, and so are other IM services. Wazapp is a standalone app. So when you receive a message, you'll know if it's in Wazapp or somewhere else.

Besides, it doesn't look out of place, it fits there just fine. The main idea is that this isn't an official app and we don't HAVE to stick to any strict rules. We can be unique, while still maintaining the default look and feel.

Originally Posted by Samir_123455 View Post
do you know when the 1.0 wazapp's version well be release please if you know tell us ?
very soon.. it'll be worth the wait, don't worry

Originally Posted by Samir_123455 View Post
Of course we know.

When it's done.

Skype is integrated with the OS, and so are other IM services.
As well as Wazapp should be in my opinion but I think I stand very lonely on this position...

I still think the notification icon(s) I provided would be a better option. The blue one nicely adapts the UI design guidelines while still being unique. But that's just my opinion.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
Originally Posted by The Best Isaac View Post
I agree, the current notification Icon doesn't look good.
But I disagree we should replace it by a green one because of one reason: If you look at all the other notification icons (email, sms, chat message) they all are blue. I know Wazapp color is green (though not the tone you chose), but I think we should go for system consistency. And I think the blue icon still differentiates enough to be recognized as Wazapp notification icon (circle bubble, telephone glyph inside).

Also the same applys to the icon in the low power screen: The Wazapp icon is green (and has a border rather than a filled background which was purposely chosen to differentiate it from the WhatsApp icon).
The default style for other notification icons on the low power screen is white.

So to correct these "problems" (or better: inconsistencies) I created some replacement icons (btw, I also included a green status notification icon in case the devs disagree on my color argumentation but I chose the right color tone).

(The icon for the low power screen isn't visible on the white/light background in this forum but it's there. )

AWESOME! I dont care if the final release of Wazapp uses boring or slimy green icons, I just used your blue and white icons and it now shows less hacky and more consistent with the elegant and minimalistic meego system. Please people dont make an issue over this, the best of meego is that you can change the system at your own wish, so waiting for first release

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcastrog For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp