Active Topics

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Switzerland
Hello everyone

I recently bought an N9, product code 059L6C2. Being a former Android user I am highly impressed by the phone and very happy to have made the switch. However, since there is no update beyond PR1.1 for that model I'm now planning to flash some other firmware, as suggested in the "Comprehensive Firmware Flashing Guide".

My question is, which one? Are there any actual differences between the images? Is there some kind of "vanilla", "just give me all the damn updates" version? Or should I pick one at random?

Since I wouldn't want to brick my phone or do other harmful things to it some guidance would be appreciated

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
State the capacity and colour of your N9...

Since you are on pr1.1 you can flash pr1.3 global then...

If you need help i'll post the direct links here but first i need the above info...

Ah of course, it's 16 GB / black.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by cockroach View Post
I recently bought an N9, product code 059L6C2.
That is a Swisscom carrier version (PR subvariant 239).

Swiss Country variant is 232 and neutral Swiss image is 009 (= Europe 2). I'd recommend one of these, preferably 009 (I have phones with both and don't see any difference).

You can either follow the flashing guide or change the product code of the phone with something called the Nemesis Service Suite (NSS). Search this forum or use Google to find a description of how to.

CV Switzerland 16GB Black: 059L5D0 (= 232)
NDT Switzerland 16GB Black: 059K748 (= 009)

You'll then be offered the update OTA or can use NSU. I've done this successfully to shorten the wait for the CV-Phone.

Warning: Apparently changing the product code should NOT be combined with flashing the phone (only use this method wiht OTA or NSU).

Well as you can see the Swiss variants are at the very minimum a pr legacy 009 so it restricts your options whne you want to do a vanilla flash in the future as the only option is to stick or go to a higher legacy...

Its completely safe and infact recommended for someone on lower than pr1.3 to flash pr1.3 global (ROW) so as to to keep your options open...