About 2 hours ago I received original nokia battery in mail bl-5j, with holograms with dots etc .

inserted into my phone=not charging. does exactly what I described in first post. yellow light blinking 5 seconds, black screen, and repeat.

Its not about 5$ expense for the wall charger, its about inconvenience and lack of piece of mind.

I have to basically worry about battery levels throughout my day out of fear of not being able to charge it.

It's Nokias fault, miscalculation for the power output needed to charge battery through the mini usb. end of story.

(Im not even talking about computer usb to nokia mini usb, im talking a bout power outlet to nokia usb)

Last edited by GalaxyBat; 2012-05-26 at 03:05.

Originally Posted by GalaxyBat View Post
About 2 hours ago I received original nokia battery in mail bl-5j, with holograms with dots etc .

inserted into my phone=not charging. does exactly what I described in first post. yellow light blinking 5 seconds, black screen, and repeat.

Its not about 5$ expense for the wall charger, its about inconvenience and lack of piece of mind.

I have to basically worry about battery levels throughout my day out of fear of not being able to charge it.

It's Nokias fault, miscalculation for the power output needed to charge battery through the mini usb. end of story.

(Im not even talking about computer usb to nokia mini usb, im talking a bout power outlet to nokia usb)
For what it's worth, I let my battery fully drain all the time (to the point where it says "recharge your battery", white LED light comes on and shuts down the phone) yet I'm able to charge my battery from a wall outlet. To me it sounds like the N900 you have is faulty.

Last edited by Cue; 2012-05-26 at 05:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
good to know , I am going to ask a seller about this. thanks

Originally Posted by GalaxyBat View Post
wow, Im speechless. So you're telling me I just bought the new N900 that won't charge the fully depleted battery unless I carry with me the wall charger. I thought initially that I had weak battery...

Why no one is talking about this! It seems to me the huge reason NOT to buy N900 and everyone is silent.
Bullsh... Not true. N900 can charge fully depleted batteries without problem - at least, if we're talking about "depleted" as You can make it by actually using this battery in any electronic equipment.

It seems, that some hardware part in Your device is not functioning properly, or You've FCKED something very badly @ software side.

Anyway, if You're planning to do mega-whining every time something is not working as You expect, it may be good choice to buy android dumb-phone, or become iSheep.

Otherwise, please take in mind, that everyone here is trying to help You - basically, volunteering - and sometimes, information You get from other forum members may be incorrect.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Yes, I agree with Cue and Estel about possible faulty hardware possibility....I should have mentioned this too...as that happened to me with one N900 I bought. The seller exchanged for me to another one which did not have that problem....

Also, agree with Estel that people here are trying to help....and this is a great community for getting help when needed and for sharing ideas and information....I learn a lot from this forum....

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Bullsh... Not true. N900 can charge fully depleted batteries without problem - at least, if we're talking about "depleted" as You can make it by actually using this battery in any electronic equipment.

It seems, that some hardware part in Your device is not functioning properly, or You've FCKED something very badly @ software side.

Anyway, if You're planning to do mega-whining every time something is not working as You expect, it may be good choice to buy android dumb-phone, or become iSheep.

Otherwise, please take in mind, that everyone here is trying to help You - basically, volunteering - and sometimes, information You get from other forum members may be incorrect.

/Estel
Thank for your "help" and which part of your post is help? Anyway if your planning to be a useless reply dick then don't bother posting and speaking for the whole community.

My phone is having the same problem.

Sadly i don't have access to another Nokia device or a stand alone wall charger - also a lot of my research has shown that many other people have had similar problems with the n900 not being able to charge a dead battery.

Very frustrating.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by mr2600 View Post
My phone is having the same problem.

Sadly i don't have access to another Nokia device or a stand alone wall charger - also a lot of my research has shown that many other people have had similar problems with the n900 not being able to charge a dead battery.

Very frustrating.
If you have an N900 it is a good idea to get a stand alone charger for emergencies.
I have one it cost me very little that plugs into a "thin round" Nokia charger.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

any chance you have installed power kernel 50.?
I have simillar issues,when my battery is empty, or I just turn of my phone it will not start on the first time, it will go to reboot loop for some time and then it will start. I read, that power kernel50 is causing this.