Notices

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
malkavian, this feature was giving devs some problems so it got scrapped...The latest from this was by Cepi who informed about the deletion of this feature...
I know, I read it, so I told him about a possible solution to please everybody, and he didn't answered.

I am not the only who want to protect my privacy (and my contacts' one) as much as possible when ussing Whastapp protocol, I am just the most persistent XDDD.

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
I don't think that feature is coming back.
If you don't like it, don't use the application build provided.

If you want to change it and make it more secure, use the source, add what you want and use your own custom build.

Simple as that.

EDIT:
What exactly are you worried about?
- That someone will sniff your contacts while you send them? I can tell you it's highly unlikely for many reasons. I know the trouble I went through to replicate the request sent to server.
- That Whatsapp Inc. will have all your contacts and use the data in some way? Then don't sync ever again, use only pushnames.
- Or are you just paranoid and saw a default privacy popup somewhere and now you insist on it? I hope not.

The following statement might ban me from here, but here goes.
It addresses me too, I'm nothing special.

You are not a VIP or a very appealing target. Nobody wants your data and nobody is interested about your chats or contacts. There are more efficient ways of stealing them or violating your privacy then the basis of XMPP.
Please, don't link any blogs here about Whatsapp vulnerability bla bla bla. I've read them all. Yes there are weak points, but to a trained person, it's weak as any other chat protocol with default protection. I'm a beginner and I can easily intrude into many GTalks, XMPPs, Facebook Chats and profiles.
So chill and don't expect a privileged treatment, I'm not getting any, so what makes you think you will?
Peace, over and out.

Last edited by knobtviker; 2012-10-02 at 11:41. Reason: Privacy rant

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Lebanon
the next wazapp version will support the new emotion pack ??

The Following User Says Thank You to lebanez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lebanez View Post
the next wazapp version will support the new emotion pack ??
We are already working on it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to brkn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
I don't think that feature is coming back.
Ok, I supose it's time to unsubscribe of this thread then.

If you want to change it and make it more secure, use the source, add what you want and use your own custom build.
Sadly I haven't the needed knowledge (or the money for paying somebody with it XD).

- That Whatsapp Inc. will have all your contacts and use the data in some way? Then don't sync ever again, use only pushnames.
That's it. The contacts could be added to Wazzap without syncing? (Even not syncing the first time I'd open Wazzap) This will be great for me.

it's weak as any other chat protocol with default protection. I'm a beginner and I can easily intrude into many GTalks, XMPPs, Facebook Chats and profiles.
I disagree but that is for another conversation.

So chill and don't expect a privileged treatment, I'm not getting any, so what makes you think you will?
Peace, over and out.
I never asked for a privileged treatment. I asked for a function like any other user could and I exposed my arguments about why implementing it. Time ago Tgalal considered our ask, but maybe nowadays no Wazzap developers consider to add it and maybe it's not easy to do. Well, it's your project, it's ok , let me cry a little about it .

I will be here some days, but will desuscribe from the thread (and maybe come from time to time, to take a look). Good luck with this great project .

Before saying goodbye I have something more to say: Boobies!

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
anyone else having this problem between Nokia Drive and Wazapp? or just me? https://github.com/tgalal/wazapp/issues/123

already in github issue
Wait, I have that issue too. And I thought I was the only one. >_>

I have that problem too...

Originally Posted by ynnad179 View Post
Wait, I have that issue too. And I thought I was the only one. >_>
Me too, but I do not care much. Easy workaround.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
What exactly are you worried about?
- That someone will sniff your contacts while you send them? I can tell you it's highly unlikely for many reasons. I know the trouble I went through to replicate the request sent to server.
- Or are you just paranoid and saw a default privacy popup somewhere and now you insist on it? I hope not.
You are not a VIP or a very appealing target. Nobody wants your data and nobody is interested about your chats or contacts. There are more efficient ways of stealing them or violating your privacy then the basis of XMPP.
Please, don't link any blogs here about Whatsapp vulnerability bla bla bla. I've read them all. Yes there are weak points, but to a trained person, it's weak as any other chat protocol with default protection. I'm a beginner and I can easily intrude into many GTalks, XMPPs, Facebook Chats and profiles.
...sadly, there are too many people worldwide thinking that way. That's why hundreds of millions of people use Facebook et al, WhatsApp and stuff. And that's why upholding privacy in our lifes slowly but surely erodes every little day.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Damn we've had this topic I don't know how many times, that feature is not necessary! If U feel it's necessary don't use this App at all. Or go to Whatsapp Inc directly and have your tiny little strike there and tell them U want that feature, see if U that important to them.

This doesn't bother me at all, who cares what I talk about on my Wazapp to wanna steal it. If U guys have such important numbers and private drug deal conversations U don't want anyone to discover. Stay away from from Whatsapp & esp Wazapp, you not paying for it!

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp