Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Having owned a Pre 3 I must say that I felt like it was abandoned by its creator because of inferior hardware design.

It quickly became unstable to unusable
FWIW, mine's still good as new a year later.

and I had to send it 4 times back (1 time expansys, 3 times to Palm repair centre) and finally write an email to HP CEO and all right hands to finally get the case escalated and the motherboard replaced (like I insisted upon from day 1)
That's just bad customer service, and while there's no excuse for it, it doesn't imply "inferior hardware design".

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by andyr0ck View Post
I wonder what the possibility/compatability is? weren't there some issues with driver code etc with the N900? or is all that behind us?
The reasonably new 2.6.37 kernel source from Nemo should be good enough.

WebOS doesn't need deep kernel interfaces, it just needs the regular GNU/Linux desktop stack (as proven by the WebOS chroot for Maemo 5)

Heck, I can see Luna as an installable package, similar to Cordia in the Nemo repos soon enough.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 248 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hmm.. This is really interesting.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Heck, I can see Luna as an installable package, similar to Cordia in the Nemo repos soon enough.
Umm, no thanks.