Notices

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by brkn View Post
Well you could always create an issue on GitHub and ask for that specific feature.
Does this mute function for both normal conversation and group chat? Is the setting permanent or is there any timer that unmutes after specific time in case one forgets to unmute manually?
I think it's something that works manually, and probably for both kinds of chats (but group chats definitely). Having the chance to use timers etc. would of course make it more versatile, but would also make it more complicated for anyone whose going to make is. I reckon a simple toggle would be sufficient and also nice to use.

Originally Posted by brkn View Post
I will add the 3 most common problems:
  • Error message: status shows “Connecting…” > update build
  • Error message: Wazapp registration gives “Failed. Server said: fail-too-many” > bluestacks workaround
  • Error: Unable to sync all contacts to Wazapp > update build
Forgot something?
I reckon that covers the most common reasons that people come to ask about on the forum. It's better to be able to just give them the link rather than telling them to read the last 20+ pages, when it's closer to 100+ now...

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
@Tarek

I think many "stupid" questions could be avoided by changing the "more information"-link on wazapp.im to the wiki instead of this thread.

And maybe a link from there to here...

i doubt, he will read it, so maybe someone in contact can make this suggestion.

Last edited by Leinad; 2012-09-24 at 21:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ FInland
Adding Emoji-icon in landscape causes Wazapp to close and exit. Any other with same issue?

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Johannesburg, South Africa
Does anyone else have the problem of ghost contacts? I have no idea where they come from and they cannot be removed unless you delete the .db file. I am using the latest cepi version and thought they were fixed. They are very annoying if anyone has a solution please help. Thanks!

there is a feature in the original whatsapp which seems interesting to me: saving history of certain chats and this would be specially useful in our wazapp when we have to erase the .db file, here is the info: to save chat (it saves a .txt file of the conversation)
If possible, it would be cool to have it =)

Edit: Latest Cepi's version 21092012 is working perfectly for me including the notification sound and updating profile which I could not refresh in any of the previous versions =) thanks!

Last edited by Dazsa; 2012-09-25 at 04:35.

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Netherlands
The latest version of Wazapp works for me, i like it stable and smooth

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by forevern9 View Post
Does anyone else have the problem of ghost contacts? I have no idea where they come from and they cannot be removed unless you delete the .db file. I am using the latest cepi version and thought they were fixed. They are very annoying if anyone has a solution please help. Thanks!
talked about the same a few posts before. need an option to delete contacts.

another problem i realised is that wazapp doesn't start if you are in massstorage mode

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by snooky View Post
talked about the same a few posts before. need an option to delete contacts.

another problem i realised is that wazapp doesn't start if you are in massstorage mode
You can erase contacts with a SQL editor

Originally Posted by Dazsa View Post
there is a feature in the original whatsapp which seems interesting to me: saving history of certain chats and this would be specially useful in our wazapp when we have to erase the .db file, here is the info: to save chat
If possible, it would be cool to have it =)

Edit: Latest Cepi's version 21092012 is working perfectly for me including the notification sound and updating profile which I could not refresh in any of the previous versions =) thanks!
I have the 21092012 version and the tones are still very loud, it does not follow system volume setting. Did you delete your DB after installing this version ?

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Roma, Italia
In the wazapp wiki it says its free compared to the 0.99 $ a year in the official cliente ..... whats up with that??? An error? .. or the port is free at all?

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp