Notices

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
got two problems with contacts...

when i did sync, it adds a contact i don't have in my phonebook.

the other problem is, a contact of me got a new number so i deleted the old one in my phonebook, added the new one and synced wazapp.

now i have to contacts for this person.

so it would be nice to have an option to delete wazapp contacts

pmed Cepi with errors I encountered during harmoji+group chat adding participant process

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Brkn, what I was just going to type into the wiki till I saw your post was the following:

Bugs in Wazapp (the not responding message, silent notifications even when profile is set to ringing, the last seen feature)

Errors/Solutions in Wazapp (Fail too many, Connecting message, bluestacks method, deleting .db files)

Also a note that all media is stored in /home/user/MyDocs/.wazapp

I came to this thread to ask you actually whether wiki.maemo.org is loading properly for you; its taking for ages to load here since the past 20mins)...

Edit: It works now Since you are editing the wiki page can you add the above? If you can't, I'll do it

Edit2: Changes done...Location of media corrected [I think its time I install wazapp to experience it ]

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-09-24 at 10:33.

Updated the wiki with common errors and solutions. Please add your stuff there.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Brkn, what I was just going to type into the wiki till I saw your post was the following:

Bugs in Wazapp (the not responding message, silent notifications even when profile is set to ringing, the last seen feature)

Errors/Solutions in Wazapp (Fail too many, Connecting message, bluestacks method, deleting .db files)

Also a note that all media is stored in /home/user/MyDocs/.wazapp

I came to this thread to ask you actually whether wiki.maemo.org is loading properly for you; its taking for ages to load here since the past 20mins)...

Edit: It works now Since you are editing the wiki page can you add the above? If you can't, I'll do it
Finished my stuff, you're free to add yours. Thanks for helping!
--

1st edit: I'm too slow. Just saw your changes.
--

2nd edit: "/home/user/.wazapp/"for media is wrong!
Cepiperez's builds use "/home/user/MyDocs/Wazapp/media/"

Last edited by brkn; 2012-09-24 at 10:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to brkn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I'm really loving the dark theme? it's so unique that people always wonder why my "Whatsapp" is different from theirs? I then brag and change it to white just to see the look on their faces, then switch it back to Black, which is your favourite?

EDIT: I've just notices that dot showing the number of messages in chats is now Green, disappears in style when chicking the messages..... Someone mentioned this aswell, wasn't sure what they meant...... Lovely stuff

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-09-24 at 11:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Alee View Post
yes new features are added. here's what i noticed:
1) notifications in the wazapp dialogues is in green squircle now (which disappears with a sexy effect, when opened).
2) you can use chat alert (from phone settings) in wazapp as chat ringtone. (doesnt works me for me, others reported its working fine).
3) status update works again.
4) profile dialogue is modified (larger photo, status area modified).
5) no more crashes if a call is recieved while wazapp is open.
Hi Alee,

Thank You for briefing me on this. But it seems you have not used 20092012 ver. Because all of the above features you described, are already there in my current 2009 ver.
Hope we are on same page of understanding...

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
I'm really loving the dark theme? it's so unique that people always wonder why my "Whatsapp" is different from theirs? I then brag and change it to white just to see the look on their faces, then switch it back to Black, which is your favourite?
Definitely dark theme for me too. I made it the default in my build of Wazapp.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Edit2: Changes done...Location of media corrected [I think its time I install wazapp to experience it ]
There are indeed 2 possible locations:

Official Tarek versions from wazapp.im use
Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/.wazapp
in order to prevent media showing in gallery

Cepi's builds use
Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/Wazapp/media/
for media to show in gallery.

A toggle in the settings to turn indexing on/off was already proposed.

Last edited by brkn; 2012-09-24 at 13:00. Reason: corrected location of media

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Well when I asked someone he told me tarek's is located at /home/user/MyDocs/.wazapp from v0.8.10 beta onwards as I had first posted hence I thought it would be only natural for this question to arise sooner rather than later...

Are you sure tarek's build is in /home/user/.wazapp and not home/user/MyDocs/.wazapp

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp