Thanks ade,

but curious as I am:
why 48:59:59 ?

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Thanks ade,

but curious as I am:
why 48:59:59 ?
Foobar asked for (at least) 48 hours. I could have picked 99:59:59, but who wants to run a timer for over 4 days

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Awesome, thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post

But you can always try to convince me with a practical example as why you would need that amount of hours (and come up with a better example then mr_pingu ).
*Real* sushi is done for over a week, with strictly provided times for changing, erm, "solution" (can't find better word now) in which it's prepared, with greatest sushi masters respecting them to single minute.

Still, it's rather folklore, not a practical requirement. And, worldclock Alarm would handle it too Not to mention, that I'm not aware of any sushi master chief (making meals that cost 500$ per portion) using N900, sadly.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Then even 99 hours would not be sufficient

Watched "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" a few months ago. They should make the best sushi over there. It is a small family restaurants with only about 10 seats at a bar. Reservations required

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Yea, I know this movie/documentary, too It's aweosme, but I'm afraid, that europeans/americans, in fact, *don't* like how real sushi tastes. no idea, as I never tried one, but during discussions about "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" I've heard that what we're doing (in euroland/america) with sushi, is exactly what is needed to *kill* special flavor of sushi, that is absolutely non-eatable for us

Sorry for OT.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
[OT]
And I never tried european sushi, just chinese/korean and that was delicate! (besides other sea stuff )
[/OT]

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Did the ultimate test for cooktimer yesterday, three things cooking with different times. Works great.

How long were you leaving it before moving into testing

One small thing I would like to discuss, if you select an item then change the time. The item still shows the previous item, over Choose item.

Is this by design or just the default behaviour for that list widget?

Examples:-
If you where cooking "pasta" for 25 minutes and you had that in the item list; the name says "pasta".
Time elapses and you reuse that timer for the apple pie in for 40 minutes. You have never done an "apple pie" before so don't have it in the edit items, (the other timers are in use so I new one cannot be started) the timer still says "pasta".
With out adding the item "apple pie", or changing to another item; there is no way to remove the "pasta" name.

OTOH you could want to extent the pasta's time due to it not being done so resetting the name is not ideal.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Did the ultimate test for cooktimer yesterday, three things cooking with different times. Works great.
Cool, mostly I don't have to use more then two timers at ones

How long were you leaving it before moving into testing
I have no plans for further changes, so if no bugs are found I could try another voting round for extras-testing

One small thing I would like to discuss, if you select an item then change the time. The item still shows the previous item, over Choose item.

Is this by design or just the default behaviour for that list widget?

Examples:-
If you where cooking "pasta" for 25 minutes and you had that in the item list; the name says "pasta".
Time elapses and you reuse that timer for the apple pie in for 40 minutes. You have never done an "apple pie" before so don't have it in the edit items, (the other timers are in use so I new one cannot be started) the timer still says "pasta".
With out adding the item "apple pie", or changing to another item; there is no way to remove the "pasta" name.

OTOH you could want to extent the pasta's time due to it not being done so resetting the name is not ideal.
Not really a everyday situation I think. If you want the text "apple pie", why not add it to list straight away (no restart required anymore). Or maybe add a permanent dummy item named "---" if you want to remove the current item name?
In older versions, the first item was "choose dish" which you could select again. Could reintroduce some dummy item, but I am not really waiting for an extra item in the list.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:

Tags
cooktimer, nokia n900