Notices

I've been trying to install CDC, Java, and OSGI on my N810. Not being linux knowledgeable obviously isn't helping. I've been trying to follow the instructions at http://thehereweb.googlepages.com/ru...onthenokian800

I'm missing something (like linux experience) - I can't even get the CDC commands for validation of Java to work. I believe I haven't properly installed CDC. All I did was unzip it onto my internal memory card (/media/mmc2/cdc), unziped Java (to /media/mmc2/java) and from /media/mmc2 tried the command:

./cdc/# ./java/bin/cvm -version

To no avail (doesn't even execute...) . I've obviously done something very, very, stupid.

Will all this even run on the N810? All the instruction are for the N800 and OS2007.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
The media cards are formatted as FAT32 and so mounted "noexec". Either copy the files to somewhere other than /media/mmc*, or change /etc/fstab and remove the "noexec" option.

Tried moving it from the memory card to the home directory (home/user ?). Still didn't have any luck. I started over.

I used File Manager to download to my external memory card. I then when to the xterm shell and unziped the binary distribution onto my external memory, renamed its folder "cdc" for simplicity (with bin and legal folders inside, along with some demo/test files). Then I moved this folder (cdc) to the home directory (home/user? - base entry on starting xterm).

I cannot get the validation command to even find cdc. I note that the instructions (verbatim) show:
Nokia-N800:/cdc/# ./bin/cvm -version

This command of won't work with my setup, but neither have my attempts to correct it. I'm feeling rather ignorant at the moment.

I'll note that in my 30+ years of development experience, I've avoided unix/linux...

Has anyone else installed the CDC and OSGI on their N810?

Ufortunately, I cannot help, since I have tried the same and run in the same problem as you. Really no answer from anyone that knows how to proceed?