Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
No problem, I'm glad You haven't got headache on the amount of edits I've incorporated into every post
Your feedback is very useful, no headache.

I've just finished 5th book, waiting eagerly for next ones.
For the next books there will be some time to wait, there are different rules in the Magnaki serie so I need to change the code (and script the books that takes a lot of time).

to be entirely sure, I'll clear saves and purge books/package before reinstalling
Purge also the save files in /home/user/.sakya

Or should I took them and sum it up on single post, tomorrow, after re-checking which ones still apply?
Just tell me what bugs you find still apply, I have fixed some...

EDIT: Oh, I also understood what you mean by "lack of load last saved position" and fixed it (update the books).

Last edited by sakya; 2012-09-07 at 20:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Book 2, page 235. Despite information, that there is short sword and we can pick it if we want, there is no item to take. This bug affect story quite seriously, as most of the times, we are unarmed at this moment.

// Edit

After finishing book 2 again, I have this "Potion" that should restore 6 endurance points, again, at the beginning of book 3. Can't say for sure, but wasn't it given by intelligent rat-like creatures in book 2, if we have animal kindship skill?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-09-07 at 23:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Book 3, page 158 - we have one-round encounter with ice barbarian. Despite this, battle is fought for more rounds, until he or we die. If he die, hoever, we can choose properly, that he lost more endurance points than we (obviously ).

It's funny, as if he would lose same amount of endurance points than we (despite dying, i.e. in case we have more total endurance, than he), he is "ressurected" in next page, to fight again. If, by any chance, we would loss more endurance (despite killing him), he kills us after dying

// Edit

Before page 316 (afaik, there is only one page leading to it), we killed ice barbarian, and are informed about Bone Sword, that we may take. Hoever, no dialog for picking items is presented (suggests, that there is no item on this page).

// Edit 2

Confirmed, that "Potion" from book 2 (as said earlier, probably given by rat-like creatures, if we pose animal kinship) is still usable, but doesn't result in anything (should restore 6 endurance).

// Edit 3

Padded Leather Waistcoat, and Chainmal Waistcoat, still can be equiped at the same time, summing up it's endurance bonus (+2 and +r, respectively, totalling as +6). I'm still not sure, if it's bug or by design - but, considering that they're both waistcoats, I would think about bug, rather. After all, they're both armour, kinda silly to wear 2x armour?

OTOH, in lonewolf, armours, shields, and helmets, are all counted as "special items", and obviously, You can wear them all. When equipped, they all appear as "armour", but there is nothing wrong with wearing chainmail, helmet, and holding shield. So, after all, maybe padded leather under chainmail is OK, done by design? *confused*

In reality, You can wear leather under chainmail, but *not* padded leather. No idea, if book creator was aware of that, so can't say for sure if it's bug or not. But it definitelly add into creating half-god immortal hero with 31 combat skill and 35 endurance

// Edit 4

During book 5, on page 162, we should have possibility of rolling a dice, and result is ammount of endurance points we lose *before* battle with spider, thus avoiding battle itself (by climbing past nest, damage is done by steam). If we lost possibility of using one arm, this is only one thing we can do, as fighting spider is no option for us.

Hoever, no option to evade is shown (so no roll of dice occur). I haven't had possibility to check what would happen with one hand wounded, as I always have both hands OK, at this point.

// Edit 5

Book 5, page 14 - we found our equipment there. If we have regular sword equipped already, we now have *two* weapons equipped at the same time (one that we had before they confiscated our things, and the one we had before finding back equipment). I feel like I've reported it already, few posts ago

// Edit 6

item "Laumpsur", that should recover 4 endurance points upon eating (from book 2, 3, 4, and IIRC, even offered as starting item in book 5) doesn't have any effect. Probably, it's during whole book 5 - but I have tested it on aforementioned page 14.

The funny thing, is that, immediately after, we're presented with page 131 (if we decide to investigate chamber for in), where we may pick "Healing Potion of Laumpsur" - it's marked as "laumpsur" on items page, too. But this one works as it should, WTF? Despite same name, they're probably different items for game's engine.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-09-08 at 13:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Uploaded now version 0.1.11

Changelog:
* Fixed EndFight script function
* Added generic functions for healing items

Updated also all the books.

@Estel: a lot of the issue should be fixed now.
For book 5, page 162: I think it's correct as it is. Only if you have a wounded arm you need to pick a random number to climb past the Steamspiders’ nest (because you cannot fight him).

For the armors: I think you're right. I didn't find anywhere in the original text stating that you cannot use multiple armors, but common sense make me think that it should not be possible.
I'll try to fix this, thanks.

Last edited by sakya; 2012-09-08 at 15:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Just finished book 2. Thank you for this Sakya! It's great!

The Following User Says Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
If I'm not wrong on the 5 book page 301 the book crashed (not the game) and I had to start that book all over again
thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to guilledoc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
If I'm not wrong on the 5 book page 301 the book crashed (not the game) and I had to start that book all over again
Thanks, fixed in revision 4 of the book 5.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Hi, found another interesting item: at the end of book one / start of book 2, when choosing a bonus discipline, I clicked on one of the discipline names to bring up the "Rules" page. As it turns out, though, there is no way to close this page -- the "X" button at the top does nothing. (Possibly this is due to the bonus disciplines being listed in a modal dialog box?) In any case, I have to kill the game to get out of it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
One more: Book 4, section 234, fighting a "giant meresquid". I rolled poorly and was forced into an underwater fight (where lack of oxygen has an effect). However, the "fight" button was disabled (and there were no other buttons). (Yes, I have finally made it past book 2. )

Edit: I managed to get to section 47 (a different fight with the meresquid), and got a dialog box "Error in ExitScript" with the message "SyntaxError: Parse error". Might be part of the same problem...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-09-22 at 22:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Uploaded now version 0.1.12:

Changelog:
* Fixed bug in EnableChoiceButton script

I also updated book 4 to fix the issues in section 234 and 47

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post: