Notices

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by sup View Post
3) Is it possible to turn off points of interests from view? There are so many in my city (Prague) that I can only barely see the roads underneath them.
My question is, as it possible to turn off some POIs, how can we add new category of POIs ?

there is a list of active pois here: http://wiki.navit-project.org/index....avit/map_items

and a link to the file osm.c: https://navit.svn.sourceforge.net/sv.../maptool/osm.c

but i like to have the missing: bike_sharing, car_sharing, bicycle_parking, pubs, etc.

how can we add these?

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stuttgart, Germany
I uploaded 5222 to bokomoko.de

No big changes just rebuilt latest svn.

Thanks,
Rainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
My question is, as it possible to turn off some POIs, how can we add new category of POIs ?

there is a list of active pois here: http://wiki.navit-project.org/index....avit/map_items

and a link to the file osm.c: https://navit.svn.sourceforge.net/sv.../maptool/osm.c

but i like to have the missing: bike_sharing, car_sharing, bicycle_parking, pubs, etc.

how can we add these?
gianko,

I tried something similar with mtb:scale and this is what I did and my conclusions.

I added entries like

+ "w highway=path,mtb:scale=0 pmtb_scale0\n"

into osm.c

If you want to add POIs like pub, you need to extend osm.c, compile maptool, create your custom maps with maptool, and then extend navit.xml to allow navit to display them.

If you want to make new ways and make them routable, you need to insert in addition

The only navit version I have so far for displaying and routing these new ways, I had to add in addition

in item_def.h lines like
+ITEM(pmtb_scale0)

Thanks,
Rainer

PS: There is no need to build for the n900, you can build navit and maptool on a regular linux installation much easier. If you have good patches submit them upstream, if the are very useful for a wide range of users, I would be happy to include them in the n900 build, even when they are not yet included (reviewed would be good though) upstream.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sup View Post

[...]

I also made adjustments to my OSD layout and not I think it works well. I now use 96x96 icons, as they are large so one can better use them while driving. I added clock and I made speed bigger and without units (as I know it is in km/h, I am interested in the number. See attached screenshot.

Anyway, I am attaching my working setup now (just download it and unzip to .navit/ ).
Thank you for that, for my taste the ETA and remaining travel-time and distance was too tiny so I adjusted it to my needs.
I found your speech.active-button was not working for me, I found this in the wiki:
Code:
<osd enabled="yes" type="toggle_announcer" x="10" y="50" w="70" h="70" icon_src="$NAVIT_SHAREDIR/xpm/%s_70_70.png" />
which works quite nice, it even displays the status of the toggle.
The only problem with this one: if you switch from fullscreen to windowed-mode, toggle there and switch back, the announcer does not work any more at all .

If anyone wants to try out, I attached the OSD.xml zipped.

CU & HAND

Michael
Attached Files
File Type: zip OSD.xml.zip (884 Bytes, 87 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to magic_doc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rdorsch View Post
gianko,

I tried something similar with mtb:scale and this is what I did and my conclusions.

I added entries like

+ "w highway=path,mtb:scale=0 pmtb_scale0\n"

into osm.c

If you want to add POIs like pub, you need to extend osm.c, compile maptool, create your custom maps with maptool, and then extend navit.xml to allow navit to display them.

If you want to make new ways and make them routable, you need to insert in addition

The only navit version I have so far for displaying and routing these new ways, I had to add in addition

in item_def.h lines like
+ITEM(pmtb_scale0)

Thanks,
Rainer

PS: There is no need to build for the n900, you can build navit and maptool on a regular linux installation much easier. If you have good patches submit them upstream, if the are very useful for a wide range of users, I would be happy to include them in the n900 build, even when they are not yet included (reviewed would be good though) upstream.
thank u! i will try to add some pois, and i will let you know.

ps: and what if we want to see more tags when tapping on show attributes for a poi? usually i can see: name and osm_id, but is it possible, for example, to visualize tag capacity for a poi amenity=parking? or opening_hours and contact info for pois like restaurants? for example address, website, phone? ...if has been added by some osmapper ofcourse

Last edited by gianko; 2012-09-12 at 15:46.

Originally Posted by magic_doc View Post
Thank you for that, for my taste the ETA and remaining travel-time and distance was too tiny so I adjusted it to my needs.
I found your speech.active-button was not working for me, I found this in the wiki:
Code:
<osd enabled="yes" type="toggle_announcer" x="10" y="50" w="70" h="70" icon_src="$NAVIT_SHAREDIR/xpm/%s_70_70.png" />
which works quite nice, it even displays the status of the toggle.
The only problem with this one: if you switch from fullscreen to windowed-mode, toggle there and switch back, the announcer does not work any more at all .

If anyone wants to try out, I attached the OSD.xml zipped.

CU & HAND

Michael

Now that is strange, toggle_announcer does not work for me:-).

BTW: does night/day layout switching work for anybody? (if so, how?)

The Following User Says Thank You to sup For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rdorsch View Post
i tried to add the poi amenity=bicycle_parking

using ubuntu i dowloaded sources and modified osm.c:
i just added a new line with "? amenity=bicycle_parking poi_bicycle_parking\n" after static char *attrmap={ (line 376)

just this?

then i compiled navit successfully, and made a map.bin from osm.xml using maptool

now how can i modify navit.xml ? i tried to add the poi in the bike layout but no results, i added a line <itemgra item_types="poi_bicycle_parking" order="14-"> <icon src="bench.png"/> </itemgra>
i put bench.png just to try as i don't have a bikeparking.png icon, and i don't know where should i put the new icons

ps:sorry for bit OT but maybe is of use for other navit users...and in navit irc channel nobody replies

now im able to add more POIs thanks to this guide: http://wiki.navit-project.org/index...._POIs#Hard_way

is not so complicated so if you want i can make svg icons of some new pois and add patches for next release

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
I uploaded revision 5440 of navit to bokomoko.

I has support for mtb_scale mountainbike tracks. Since the navit maps generated from osm do not have these paths, nobody should notice. If somebody experiences problems, please let me know. If somebody wants the mtb_scale enabled maps, let me know as well :-)

Rainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
gianko,

I am happy to accept patches. Just let me know where they are and I will include them (although if upstream would include them, that would make even more sense).

Thanks,
Rainer

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap