Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
lol, epic, seems to me that pr1.3 is just updated version numbers for each package and that's it
There are around 1000 bug fixes in PR1.3. Some of them fix issues that are only encountered by a small number of users, but some of them are really worthwhile. It's definitely a more solid release than PR1.2 is. I see absolutely no point in not upgrading.

hahahaha, really original nokia story...
It's a well known story by now and it's all related to the February 2011 management decisions. Regardless of those, PR1.3 is the best Harmattan release there is.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I saw there were some email issues in PR1.3 on N9, I'm only interested in Google IMAP email - as long as that's working fine in PR1.3 I'll give it a go on the N950.

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by Vesuri View Post
There are around 1000 bug fixes in PR1.3. Some of them fix issues that are only encountered by a small number of users, but some of them are really worthwhile. It's definitely a more solid release than PR1.2 is. I see absolutely no point in not upgrading.
well, there's 1000 bugfixes and 3000 new bugs...what's point then?
regardless tracker issue, smartsearch is still most stupid thing ever...facebook...omG, that's epic fail and not to mention gtalk voice calls and video chat...huh...

It's a well known story by now and it's all related to the February 2011 management decisions. Regardless of those, PR1.3 is the best Harmattan release there is.
well, lots of things on harmattan has noting to do with 2nd11. but with coding...it's not all in copy/paste compile...there's some "addaptation" things that has to be done...you know that very well

first bug on harmattan is QTUI

3000 new bugs? No, there aren't.

regardless tracker issue, smartsearch is still most stupid thing ever...
Does it work worse than it did in PR1.2?

facebook...omG, that's epic fail
Again, does it work worse than it did in PR1.2? No, it doesn't.

and not to mention gtalk voice calls and video chat...huh...
Same question here. Are they worse than they were in PR1.2?

well, lots of things on harmattan has noting to do with 2nd11. but with coding...
Of course it all comes down to code, but shutting down the MeeGo organization and firing all employees doesn't really improve things, does it?

it's not all in copy/paste compile...there's some "addaptation" things that has to be done...you know that very well
I know very, very well what happened in Harmattan development inside Nokia. However, I don't know what you're saying here.

first bug on harmattan is QTUI
Not much point in using it, then, is there?

My point still is that PR1.3 is quality-wise better than PR1.2 and that's a fact. There's no way around it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
3000 new bugs? No, there aren't.
well, maybe not new, but we you must agree that there's many bugs in code produced only by rush in coding.
Does it work worse than it did in PR1.2?
it doesn't work worse than pr1.2, i didn't said it does, but update is not big deal because it doesn't cover much of fixes...
Again, does it work worse than it did in PR1.2? No, it doesn't.
it's so...lame that i really never run it, don't know why i even keep it on phone anyway
Same question here. Are they worse than they were in PR1.2?
i didn't noticed significant improvement in video call
Of course it all comes down to code, but shutting down the MeeGo organization and firing all employees doesn't really improve things, does it?
unfortunately, that's horrible truth
I know very, very well what happened in Harmattan development inside Nokia. However, I don't know what you're saying here.
well, some things are straight forward from linux, while others are very different. there's many lacks in console apps functions that would make life much easier
Not much point in using it, then, is there?
what?
My point still is that PR1.3 is quality-wise better than PR1.2 and that's a fact. There's no way around it.
yes, it is better than pr1.2 but it could be much better...

The Following User Says Thank You to wook_sf For This Useful Post:
I'm seeding it.

Still haven't written it to my N950 though :\

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Slovakia
i have it too, from TPB, not flashed yet.

well, maybe not new, but we you must agree that there's many bugs in code produced only by rush in coding.
Sure, there are bugs and there are many parts of Harmattan which really are of quite bad quality. They're not produced by a rush but by a lack of competence from whoever wrote them. However, PR1.3 doesn't introduce new bugs, which was the point.

it doesn't work worse than pr1.2, i didn't said it does
You did claim that it has 3000 new bugs, right here:

well, there's 1000 bugfixes and 3000 new bugs...
...which just isn't true.

it's so...lame that i really never run it, don't know why i even keep it on phone anyway
Yes, Facebook is a piece of crap. Even the 1.4.0 update didn't help much. However, as said, PR1.3 is not any worse than PR1.2 in this regard. Same goes for the video call.

yes, it is better than pr1.2 but it could be much better...
Of course. Everything could always be much better. Often you just have to settle for the best available option. In Harmattan's case that's PR1.3.

I'm only commenting here due to this claim/question:

There may be 3000 bugs but not 3000 new bugs. What would be the point in not having those 1000 bug fixes and having a system with 4000 bugs instead of 3000?

The Following User Says Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Sure, there are bugs and there are many parts of Harmattan which really are of quite bad quality. They're not produced by a rush but by a lack of competence from whoever wrote them. However, PR1.3 doesn't introduce new bugs, which was the point.
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Exciting new defect/mis-feature/regression:
When a page in the browser fails to load (or you stop it quickly), the URL bar is now cleared.
Fantastically annoying if you're browsing e.g. a Twitter backlog out of mobile coverage. I tended to load up a bunch of links in browser windows when I was on the tube that I knew wouldn't load, so I could just "reload" them when I got signal back. Can't do that anymore, as all the windows become worthless. Time to switch to Firefox?
seems like there's some...
You did claim that it has 3000 new bugs, right here:

...which just isn't true.
how can you claim that? have you tested all possible states of that machine on pr1.2 and compared it to all possible stated of machine running pr1.3?

Yes, Facebook is a piece of crap. Even the 1.4.0 update didn't help much. However, as said, PR1.3 is not any worse than PR1.2 in this regard. Same goes for the video call.
i never said it was worse than pr1.2 but i said it is not something i would call update

Of course. Everything could always be much better. Often you just have to settle for the best available option. In Harmattan's case that's PR1.3.
well, i will never settle with something that feels like cheap chinese copy of iPhone

I'm only commenting here due to this claim/question:

There may be 3000 bugs but not 3000 new bugs. What would be the point in not having those 1000 bug fixes and having a system with 4000 bugs instead of 3000?
that "new" wasn't bolded and maybe there's no 3000 but theres many new bugs that only needs time to come out from shadows...

well, i will never settle with something that feels like cheap chinese copy of iPhone
It's very simple, then. Stop using it and stop whining about it here, since that definitely won't help anyone. There are definitely other options out there.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post: