Active Topics

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Everything's in the title of the thread. I'm gonna travel with someone and we'd like to watch movies on the N9 sometimes, so I wonder whether using both NFC Bluetooth and jack at the same time would be possible somehow (I tried without success here, but perhaps there are some tips).

I know the best option would be a jack doubler, and I actually have some... But not here. I only have a wireless Nokia BH-505 and wired jack headphones, hence this question. If no solution, we will of course share the wired headphones, but it is worth asking here if anything better is feasible.

Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
first of all NFC using just for fast Bluetooth pairing only, it's not "NFC audio" or something else.

and answer is: possible. you can tune alsa configs in /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
I know the NFC headset only uses Bluetooth for audio, I've just thought it was clear that if it was NFC, it was a BT device! Sorry for the ambiguity here.

I'm going to look at the alsa configs to see if I understand anything there on how to change it to enable BT+Jack audio (I have no clue but perhaps it will be self-explaining). Thanks a lot Coderus!

Well, I'm not sure what to edit there and which lines to change. I guess analog-output-headphones.conf is one of the candidates, but not sure though as other files might refer to the Jack output as well, and not sure neither of which file would be the correct one for BT audio. :/

Anybody with some experience with alsa configs?

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-08-20 at 16:17.

I think that the files to edit are nokia-dfl61-wl1273-output-bt.conf and analog-output-headphones.conf, though I wouldn't bet on it, and I guess that to enable both outputs at the same time one has to edit the "priority" argument? Would it do the trick if I set the same priority in both files? I'm affraid it sounds too simple and at best wouldn't do anything, at worse would result in a reboot loop or something like that, lucky as I am. -_-

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
each config have parameter for muting other outputs, when selected output connected. try to edit it.