command

You can also reload the stock profile using:

kernel-config load default

If you want to make the stock profile as default one,

just type kernel-config default default

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mitrigol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@dudubaryosaf - do not install speedpatch or batterypatch. Just enable SmartReflex in /etc/pmconfig if you want better battery life. Search the forum for other ways to do it.
What's wrong with batterypatch? I'm using it, shouldn't I?

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
@llucax..man..just read the speedpatch thread..the multiple arguments and discussions about this..and make your own mind..but dont ask for this discussion once again!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ed_boner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
@llucax..man..just read the speedpatch thread..the multiple arguments and discussions about this..and make your own mind..but dont ask for this discussion once again!
I'm not asking for any discussion, just for a pointer to a specific link. There are billions of threads which have billions of posts here, to be honest, is not very easy to look for a specific bit of information.

If anybody can point me to an specific post where I can read about it, it will be highly appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to llucax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by llucax View Post
I'm not asking for any discussion, just for a pointer to a specific link. There are billions of threads which have billions of posts here, to be honest, is not very easy to look for a specific bit of information.

If anybody can point me to an specific post where I can read about it, it will be highly appreciated.
There is no real need nor demonstrated benefit of using battery patch. Moreover, it has presented several problems to a bunch of users.

The most impressive battery gain is provided by Smartreflex supported by KP. Use KPv51 and load the DSP profile for better results.

Also if you want to save battery, use 2G instead of 3G unless you need to connect to Internet, use Alarmed to switch to flight mode during the night and be sure that you are not using any buggy widget that could cause battery drainage.

With those simple steps, my N900 lasts for four and a half days with normal usage.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Deb & Ian's dooryard
http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?que...jax=0&userid=0

If you read through these postings, you'll get a clear view of freemangordon's standpoint.

The Following User Says Thank You to conred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=29

Now lets get back to topic, please

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
@freemangordon---i am using THUMB14.....with kpv51.......and so far was working very..good....today i installed.....fennec v17.0a1-maemo-thumb0...but it crashed as soon as it started....i tried to open with x-term...but same result....here is the log in x-term-----

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ fennec
Segmentation fault
~ $ [Child 14702] WARNING: pipe error: Broken pipe: file /home/maemo/workspace/thumb/tmp/fennek/fennec-qt-maemo5/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 653

I tried uninstall-reinstall but same result.....and other firefox versions...like v6.0 in ovi store and...v13 from firefox threat in TMO work fine...

SO,ANY Help with this 1????

Last edited by nisheet; 2012-08-09 at 15:58.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by nisheet View Post
@freemangordon---i am using THUMB14.....with kpv51.......and so far was working very..good....today i installed.....fennec v17.0a1-maemo-thumb0...but it crashed as soon as it started....i tried to open with x-term...but same result....here is the log in x-term-----

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ fennec
Segmentation fault
~ $ [Child 14702] WARNING: pipe error: Broken pipe: file /home/maemo/workspace/thumb/tmp/fennek/fennec-qt-maemo5/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 653

I tried uninstall-reinstall but same result.....and other firefox versions...like v6.0 in ovi store and...v13 from firefox threat in TMO work fine...

SO,ANY Help with this 1????
Do you have libqtm-12 installed?
If you have it installed you can try to remove "/home/user/.mozilla/fennec" directory and run fennec again.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Here freemangordon back, greetings. so far the phone a jewel fast and gentle, with respect to the tracker-cfg is recommended that this installed or not, I ask? because I had installed before the garbage is speedpatch, but after receiving and reading your advice, with all respect to Karam and his work, he would say it was good tracker-cfg install and activate your low memory, and I install , I need your advice please about that, if possible, it is not the site or topic to discuss this response I hope, excuse my bad English, many thanks

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life