Active Topics

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Taipei. Taiwan, R.O.C.
I don't know if there is anyone who has the same problem.

Since last week, my skype account on N9 was not right. I tried to sent messages to one of my contacts but the result showed that those were sent to someone else. After that I checked my communication history on PC and it showed me that all those messages were sent to the right person.

Then I noticed that something happened to my contact list. All of the skype contacts showed "checking". The account options of skype became "grey" but not "white". I tried to fix that so I deleted the skype account and re-added it again. Most of my skype contacts were missing, from 40 to 8, and those 8 contacts showed "checking"

I've tried restore settings, clear device, and re-install OS from PC. It was getting worse and my contacts became "0". But on the PC, all of my contacts are there.

I also tried to use another skype account on N9 to see if there is any difference. With one of my the other account, everything is okay and normal. Contacts can be showed in N9's contact list. But while I switched the account back, contacts were still missing. When I used this account on PC to call my original account on N9, the caller ID showed my "original account ID".

I've tried to create a new skype account similar to my first account with my first account in the contact list. I used that on N9 and still zero contact there.

I think my accounts database and my contact database have been messed up. I've tried to delete ~/.Skype and ~/.accounts/accounts*. No help.

Please help me to figure out how to get ride of this annoying problem.

Last edited by Iosian; 2012-08-06 at 22:08. Reason: Problem is solved.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
well if you don't mind getting rid of all your accounts you can do the following:

as root in terminal,

rm -rf /home/user/.accounts

Pls report back after trying...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
As root in terminal, I couldn't remove the ~/.accounts but can did it as the user.

After that, I created back my skype account. It did go online but there was still no any contact syncing from skype.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
did u reboot after doing the deletion and before adding back the Skype account...

you may also want to delete /home/user/.qmf

No, I rebooted the system after creating back the skype account.

I will try it again later.

I removed ~/.Skype/ ~/.accounts/ ~/.qmf/ ~/.contacts/ then I also did "clear device".

After rebooting, I added back Skype before doing anything. But there is still no any contact there.

I re-flashed my device, but still cannot solve this problem after that.

Then I filled some information in skype like screen name and profile. Good things happened. The problem is solved now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Iosian For This Useful Post:
I have the same problem ...I tried deleting accounts and reflash....no effect.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Melbourne Australia
Login on your desktop skype and make sure your birthdate is set.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarcoP For This Useful Post: