Active Topics

Originally Posted by potollomuck View Post
Don't know if it's the installation or the poor quality of A-Data cards, but my newly acquired 16gb sdhc card became unreadable after I pulled it out of the external slot despite the warning that the card was still in usage. Is it safe to take out the card even tho KDE is not running?

another thing, ok to use FAT32 format?

Oh wow! I was just about to ask the same question is FAT32 ok ? My computer will not format my card to FAT

Originally Posted by migs View Post
Oh wow! I was just about to ask the same question is FAT32 ok ? My computer will not format my card to FAT
fat32 worked fine with installing and running of kde
but i dont know if it had anything to do with the card going corrupt.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Fayetteville, AR
Wow this is amazing...I'm a noob and I just got kde up and running, but I can't figure out how to input text in kde on my n800???!!!!! PLEASE HELP! This is really amazing PB...the cheapest laptop I ever downloaded Thanks!

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
there is a virtual keyboard...it looks like a little keyboard in the bottom right corner if i am not mistaken

I'm very impressed. Very cool!

I can confirm that the default MicroB font gets changed to a very simple font after a shutdown and restart of the N800. The font is the same as the one in Konqueror. I uninstalled all 3 KDE files in application manager. Deleted the rest of the files from my flash card. Restarted the N800. Woot! The default font in MicroB appears to be back to normal.

I will reinstall KDE when the bugs are worked out. Thanks for all the hard work!

Last edited by tripper22; 2008-01-10 at 06:33.

After using KDE nearly non stop I have come across an odd thing with the virtual keyboard (using the N800 here). I can no longer type in programs even though the virtual keyboard appears to be working?! An example, open broswer, all fine, use history to navigate somewhere, all fine - then want to go to a new address and can not type in the address box. The same is true for any place I try to enter text. It just stopped working. I am going to re install as I can not find a reason or setting to cure it and I have looked hard.

Other thing to note which is difficlut is some of the windows you can not see the bottom even with the task bar pulled out the way and there is now way to slide the window further up to loose some of the top - or not that i have found.

The two niggles aside it is very cool and remarkably usable on such a small device and although a little slow compared to a desktop it still pretty usable.

Is there a "mail for exchange" type client out there somewhere that would run on this as this is then my holy grail of portable computing.

Hey Adsum

To get the text input you should see a tiny keyboard icon on the task bar when the task bar is extended. tap that. Unfortuanlty mine has gone mad but when it dod work is was great! You can resize the V-Keyboard to and move it round the screen.

Sorry Mooler, missed your note to Adsum. Its early and I was alnight messing with KDE as I am so blown away by it.

I redowloaded the orig files yesterday. As per note - I have just looked at my downloaded file sizes. the only one that is good is the KDE*.tar.bz2 all rest are out, KDEsup is really out by about half!

Just a general question but I would like to know the answer before I try installing it. What is the actual performance of KDE on the tablet ? It's not exactly an cpu and memory friendly desktop environment. Is it responsive enough for daily use?

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, koffice