Active Topics

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Its a great idea, but it needs some tweaking! Like a requirement of you to have to cover the proximity sensor for at least 3-5 seconds before it activates, atm just trying to swipe to close a text conversation can initiate a call!

Disabling it for the time being, until a setting for a time delay is implemented
Exactly the same for me: greaaaaaaat app, but need a delay to avoid swipe to close initiate a call!

Originally Posted by PhatApteryx View Post
You can do that already... press the silence button when it is ringing, that will be replaced by an SMS button, press that & your prepared message is there, with recipient populated just waiting for you to click send...
Is there a way to change the default message?

Hi guys,

I've totally forget to create a properly thread for this app (and no ibrakalifa , I'm not angry with you, rather I would thank you )
Anyway I've received a lot of mail about the proximity sensor sensitivity, so I'll work on it to make it customizable in some way.
Thank you.

Regards,
Daniele.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by b0unc3 View Post
Hi guys,

I've totally forget to create a properly thread for this app (and no ibrakalifa , I'm not angry with you, rather I would thank you )
Anyway I've received a lot of mail about the proximity sensor sensitivity, so I'll work on it to make it customizable in some way.
Thank you.

Regards,
Daniele.
How about adding a "phone pickup gesture" check using the accelerometer before checking the proximity sensors?

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
How about adding a "phone pickup gesture" check using the accelerometer before checking the proximity sensors?
What do you mean? Can you explain a bit more?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by b0unc3 View Post
What do you mean? Can you explain a bit more?
You need to have 2 checks before you initiate a call.
1 - Accelerometer
2 - Proximity
3 - Initiate call

If you want to call someone or receive a call, you'll bring the phone towarts your ear. You can "calculate" this "move" with the accelerometer.
If the accelerometer picks up the gesture (that you put the phone to your ear), it'll activate the proximity sensor. If the proximity sensor is covered with your head/ear, it will initiate the call.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
any news?

This is a great feature, more important than I thought!

would love some improvement~

yes, there will be some update very soon ... stay tuned!
got replied from email

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

Last edited by baem90; 2012-07-17 at 11:36.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I just updated to version 1.0.1.

Now it waits for a second or two before initiating the call. This simple feature prevents the accidental call when you cover the proximity sensor with a finger.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
very intelligent feature indeed ,as it always initiated a call when i used my ryt thumb for swiping the window from up to down to close the app !!!!! Thanx a lot !!!!

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
In fact, you can change your timeout value in Settings. So if you prefer to wait for 10 seconds before initiating the call, now you can.

Thanks b0unc3.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post: