Active Topics

Notices

I have prepared a small update and it just hit the repositories. Nothing really interesting, but it should crash less often.
  • Fixed some random crashes.
  • Fixed refreshing of saved playlists after deleting one of them.
  • Fixed song counting after deleting an album in artist's window.
  • When the lyrics server gives a backtrace, display an error message instead of taking it for the actual lyrics.
  • Various cleanups.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
but it should crash less often.
These are the most important of all updates!
Thanks a lot for your continuous work on the bugs and crashes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I would love to have an option to load an entire folder with all subfolders and songs/videos to playlist. With this and an option to say the default medias folder where begin navigation I wouldn't need trackerd at all. I really prefer to navigate and charge folders of music instead of using id3 tags. Could be possible?

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Guys, I'm still experiencing my problem with playing .ogg music and theora video files. It's really strange and troubling.

As said before, .ogg and theora is registered with tracker. Furthermore, tracker *does* index albums from .ogg files, and know their playtime! If I make playlist out of .ogg files, it know it's total playing time, and play time of any individual file. Yet, when trying to play it, it just skips through whole list. Non- ogg. files are not affected.

As for theora, the problem seems to be of different nature. Tracker also *does* know playtime of theora files, but when I try to play any, this pop-up appear:

Translation is: "Can't open file. Unable to find codec: <rest is in english on screenshot>

Oddly enough,m .flac files are working without any problem.

Any ideas, how to fix it? I'm really getting desperate, help *much* appreciated.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Hello,

Long time listener, first time caller.

So, I downloaded this last night (as well as finally getting with the program and downloading the cssu firware patch) and firstly, the media player is absolute mustard, well done.

The only bug-bear is the fact that there still remains track gaps which between tracks on mixes etc sounds so annoying. So, my question is, are there any plans to fix this or is this just something to live with as it's the hardware that causes it? I hope it's the former as even my eternally old BlackBerry can transition tracks seamlessly!

Ta!

The Following User Says Thank You to Crawliano For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Crawliano View Post
Hello,

Long time listener, first time caller.

So, I downloaded this last night (as well as finally getting with the program and downloading the cssu firware patch) and firstly, the media player is absolute mustard, well done.

The only bug-bear is the fact that there still remains track gaps which between tracks on mixes etc sounds so annoying. So, my question is, are there any plans to fix this or is this just something to live with as it's the hardware that causes it? I hope it's the former as even my eternally old BlackBerry can transition tracks seamlessly!

Ta!
The real media player is MAFW. Openmediaplayer is just the front end as it were. AFAIK MAFW cannot provide the gapless playback you desire.

I am afraid that is the way MAFW works.

Implementing gapless playback on MAFW is outwith the scope of openmediaplayer development.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
i think i asked about gapless playback or something else earlier in the thread. as i stated then, this project is about the getting the media player working/completed but there will become a point where other projects may need updating to cater for fixes or features. MAFW is a prime candidate as it underpins omp.

The best example of this at the moment is ogg/theora playback like Estel is facing. Finding the fault involves checking omp, tracker, mime-type registration/db and codecs. The more that is checked, the more people will become familiar with the other projects. This may then spur development of these projects.

So, if you want gapless playback, start reading up on MAFW, find the source, if available, and familiarise yourself with it. If not, do some research on MAFW and see how feasible a rewrite is.

edit: source https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scm...afw/?root=mafw

Last edited by Android_808; 2012-07-29 at 11:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
i think i asked about gapless playback or something else earlier in the thread. as i stated then, this project is about the getting the media player working/completed but there will become a point where other projects may need updating to cater for fixes or features. MAFW is a prime candidate as it underpins omp.

The best example of this at the moment is ogg/theora playback like Estel is facing. Finding the fault involves checking omp, tracker, mime-type registration/db and codecs. The more that is checked, the more people will become familiar with the other projects. This may then spur development of these projects.

So, if you want gapless playback, start reading up on MAFW, find the source, if available, and familiarise yourself with it. If not, do some research on MAFW and see how feasible a rewrite is.

edit: source https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scm...afw/?root=mafw
afraid the extent of my coding is VBA, Dimensions Basic and SPSS Syntax! Thanks for confirming tho. The new version is such an improvement tho! Just looking forward to putting my 64gb card in this week and getting a chunky 90gb of music on here!

Resolved! See edit at the end of post.
--------------

I've made some progress. After installing gstreamer0.10-ogg and reinstalling ogg-support 3432423 time (mandatory, without it, installing gstreamer0.10-ogg doesn't do anything!), I got .ogg playback through mafw. OTOH, Theora still doesn't work, and tracker lost ability to see playtime of theora files. This time, error while trying to play Theora files is different - it complains that:
"can't find codec: Application/octet-stream".

This is very strange, as I'm almost sure, that before problems started, I had .ogg playback *without* gstreamer0.10-ogg package, and gstreamer0.10-maemo-xiph was sufficient. During IRC conversation, kerio confirmed, that .ogg is working for him, without -ogg and with -maemo-xiph. Could anyone else, who have working .ogg playback check own setup?

Generally, still no idea WTF...

Also, during the process of (re)installing everything back and forth, somehow, tracker again lost ability to see my .ogg and .flac files (despite both of them playing fine). Even better - while playing .ogg files, they work, but playback time isn't known and seeking is disabled. Even during playback, total time of track is shown as -00:01 second.

/Estel

// Edit
gdizzz, sorry for hijack thread As it's definitely mafw-related problem, not openmediaplayer one, I can move this discussion to separate thread, if it irritates You. I tried to ask here, as, You know, biggest chance of people knowing something about decoders on N900 (and initially, it wasn't sure if it's not OMP problem).
----------
Resolved!

// Edit

After 6 hours of fighting with it, I decided to nuke everything related to gstreamer, ogg, xipg, vorbis, theora, etc. After purging dozens of packages (as many others depended on xiph things, for example Marble), and reinstalling back again affected programs + ogg-support + extra decoders support, I've got perfectly working .ogg and .flac playback, with correct times, tags, etc, also visible by tracker. Theora wasn't playing yet (but playback time was visible), yet this time, responded with sane message about "lack of Theora decoder". Installing gstreamer0.10-theora and re-installing ogg-support again (to register it), enabled flawless Theora playback.

So, everything is working as it should Thanks to everyone trying to help. I have no freakin' idea, why it refused to work before - it seems that nuking this or that, sometimes, isn't bad idea, at all.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-07-30 at 03:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
I think I've read it somewhere.... where does the OMP get the lyrics from ?

I have many many songs that cant show lyrics for some odd reason, nevertheless they are from Cd Albums.

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse