Notices

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Tallinn
Using latest version here, updated today and here are my point outs:
it would be awsome if user could change day forecasts and location forecasts with swiping gestures, instead of arrow icon pushing.
Additionally for saved locations, maybe a button option of fetch my current location weather instead of adding it from menu.

gps location fetching now fails and makes the program to close and results no gps location. Previous version it worked but was way off reality.

Can you add an option to update the weather daily? Thank you.

Hi

Can we have an option to not show the splash screen? I'm with nbedford and I'd rather have a standard spash screen or none than another that doesn't really fit with the rest of the apps.

thanks and good work!

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by phamgia View Post
Can you add an option to update the weather daily? Thank you.
What did you mean?

Vlad.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
Hi

Can we have an option to not show the splash screen? I'm with nbedford and I'd rather have a standard spash screen or none than another that doesn't really fit with the rest of the apps.

thanks and good work!
Yes.
I'm going to add option for splash in the version 0.6

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
What did you mean?

Vlad.
I meant that we have options to update the weather 1,2,4 hours or never in setting. Is there any chance that you add an option to update it daily: Thank you for a great app.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Almost all the issues I reported way back in the thread still exist, sadly...
And the app load time is still quite slow, but at least the splash screen gives somewhat of an illusion that it's loading faster.*
The only criticism of the splash screen, is that it doesn't behave like other splash screens for stock/native apps.

*as transition effects usually do

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-20 at 11:25.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Maryland, USA
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Almost all the issues I reported way back in the thread still exist, sadly...
And the app load time is still quite slow, but at least the splash screen gives somewhat of an illusion that it's loading faster.*
The only criticism of the splash screen, is that it doesn't behave like other splash screens for stock/native apps.

*as transition effects usually do

Agreed on the splash screen....a black background loading with the logo immediately would be cleaner and more unified with the rest of Harmattan, IMHO. I'd also like to see the "Daily" update option for once every 24h as mentioned by phamgia.

Also, I noticed an issue that has appeared since updating. Now, when you click/tap on a day to see the detailed forecast, there's some nasty clipping/flickering at the edge of the screen that wasn't there previously. It's more of an annoyance than anything else, but seeing as it wasn't there in previous releases, maybe this is an easy fix?

Really love this app. The only thing missing is an additional detailed view with forecast hour by hour. They have them for 10 days at yr.no...

Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
Possible bug?

I currently have MeeCast 0.5.5 installed and am observing some strange behaviour when updating the location Liechtenstein/Schaan from Weather.com. The weather data will not update on the first (manual) try but it will take several tries (for example like 5 to 10) before the data is updated. IIRC this behaviour started with some earlier version (2 to 4 versions back, can't tell for sure). I first put it down to weather.com acting up but now have used OMWeather on the N900 which promptly and reliably updates the same location on the first try while the MeeCast on the N9 fails at the same time.
It looks like 0.5.9 has cured this bug. 0.5.9 reliably updates the data whenever I do a manual update by pressing the update-button.

Tags
forecast, meecast, omweather, weather