Posts: 149 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rs. View Post
when I thought I had finally figured out, how it worked?
No magic. At home, I go to http://shop.nokia.de choosed N810 and typed the discount code. The code was accepted and I see Euro 0,-.

I completed the order with jittering hands and then went to this forum, to inform you all. Then I read your comments and I'm not sure anymore, if my order really helps to get a N810.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Berlin,DE
Originally Posted by slha89 View Post
No magic. At home, I go to http://shop.nokia.de choosed N810 and typed the discount code. The code was accepted and I see Euro 0,-.

I completed the order with jittering hands and then went to this forum, to inform you all. Then I read your comments and I'm not sure anymore, if my order really helps to get a N810.
In this case I think there's nothing to worry about, because someone must have actively decided to acknowledge the codes from today on.
My theory was that somebody from management or from the shop owners wasn't to keen to take part in the program.
That's why I thought it would be better to be cautious.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by slha89 View Post

Should work fine. Thanks to the unknown person at nokia.de shop who worked overtime today and got the codes activated! (went active sometime shortly after 19:00).

Vielen dank! ~Soo Eeiin Tag, so wunderschön wie heute...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Vielen dank! ~Soo Eeiin Tag, so wunderschön wie heute...

Das kann nur noch von dem Tag getoppt werden, an dem das Teil dann angeliefert kommt.

When I arrived home from work this evening, the code finally worked. Yay, nice surprise!

Just an FYI, the nokia.de shop will not accept an international shipping address, sorry North Americans...

This is a ridiculous bungle and I'm getting more and more fed up with how it is being handled. I wouldn't be surprised if many North American developers move to a different platform if this isn't resolved soon.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by dfn_doe View Post
Just an FYI, the nokia.de shop will not accept an international shipping address, sorry North Americans...

This is a ridiculous bungle and I'm getting more and more fed up with how it is being handled. I wouldn't be surprised if many North American developers move to a different platform if this isn't resolved soon.
I don't know, I was considering moving countries

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Thank you Nokia!

Today, my developer-discounted N810 arrived. It is a marvellous piece of hardware and software, way more elegant, polished and practical than my N800. The design is sleek, compact and all of the hardware seems of much better quality

I was sceptical of the slider keyboard - after 2 hours of use, I can't imagine being without. It is so useful, much easier than the input on the N800. For me, this makes the N810 a large step forward on the way towards a mobile computing experience. And the backlit keys are just sexy :-)

The included GPS will be nice once it works a bit better; probably needs an update or two. However, the idea of having GPS always on hand sounds sweet.

The full device feels much more mature than the N800. If it took Nokia barely a year for such a step forward, I wonder what we will get in another year or two :-)

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Thank you Nokia!

Today, my developer-discounted N810 arrived. It is a marvellous piece of hardware and software, way more elegant, polished and practical than my N800. The design is sleek, compact and all of the hardware seems of much better quality

I was sceptical of the slider keyboard - after 2 hours of use, I can't imagine being without. It is so useful, much easier than the input on the N800. For me, this makes the N810 a large step forward on the way towards a mobile computing experience. And the backlit keys are just sexy :-)

The included GPS will be nice once it works a bit better; probably needs an update or two. However, the idea of having GPS always on hand sounds sweet.

The full device feels much more mature than the N800. If it took Nokia barely a year for such a step forward, I wonder what we will get in another year or two :-)

Maybe a n810 in the USA?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Germany
Short update for german users. Just got a mail: device is delivered.

I can't believe everything... from being completely down yesterday to this situation now...

Last edited by slha89; 2008-01-09 at 12:01.

I receive the package just now, buy Friday morning. Switzerland. I'm just happy !