Active Topics

I've been running in rdmode for a while now. Is there any issues I should be aware of or concerned about keeping the 770 in rdmode?

If perchance something happens and you need to re-flash, you won't be able to in rdmode. Then you are pretty much fubar'ed.

How do you get out of rd mode? is it just the command:

./flasher --disable-rd-mode --reboot

Last edited by cantona; 2006-04-12 at 03:07.

Originally Posted by cantona
How do you get out of rd mode? is it just the command:

./flasher --disable-rd-mode --reboot
Yes, initiate that command through Linux. (it's the same way you enabled rd mode)

Thanks Kutibah

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Germany
Great guidance...thx.
What is the best partition size with 1GB for the linux partition?

Last edited by SM!LeY; 2006-04-16 at 19:17.

After partitioning everything correctly, I ran /var/lib/install/sbin/extrootfs which is supposed to automatically do Step 2 and 3 for me. After it finished, it rebooted, but the files on my 770 memory are still there, not on my memory card. Isn't this supposed to move them and a symbolic link will be created on the internal memory?

Originally Posted by kutibah
After partitioning everything correctly, I ran /var/lib/install/sbin/extrootfs which is supposed to automatically do Step 2 and 3 for me. After it finished, it rebooted, but the files on my 770 memory are still there, not on my memory card. Isn't this supposed to move them and a symbolic link will be created on the internal memory?
I only got this script to work on a "fresh" flash. I ended up just editing the files that mount and unmount the ext3 file system by hand. I created a symbolic link to just my home directory only. Just a note but after you extend the file system, Windows XP will no longer mount the drive when using the USB. If you are running only Windows, you should keep this in consideration. Linux has no problem, it mounts all partitions on the mmc. For some reason Windows will see the drive in "Disk Management" but not assign it a drive letter, and all options are greyed out. This is my experience anyway.

Last edited by troubleshootr; 2006-04-16 at 22:32.

Originally Posted by troubleshootr
I only got this script to work on a "fresh" flash. I ended up just editing the files that mount and unmount the ext3 file system by hand. I created a symbolic link to just my home directory only. Just a note but after you extend the file system, Windows XP will no longer mount the drive when using the USB. If you are running only Windows, you should keep this in consideration. Linux has no problem, it mounts all partitions on the mmc. For some reason Windows will see the drive in "Disk Management" but not assign it a drive letter, and all options are greyed out. This is my experience anyway.
Hmm, not being able to access the 770 through USB is changing my mind. I do have Knoppix Live but it's a hassle to boot it every time I want to access my memory card. Anyways, maybe I'll keep it the way it is right now. I'm not in a hurry to move any of the files. Thanks for the help.

Ahh ****. I think something went wrong. I deleted the 2 partitions and created a new one with the full amount of space available and made it FAT16. I then formatted it using vfat and rebooted my 770. Now, the 770 boots up and the bar gets stuck at around 40%. It's been that way for a few minutes. I tried turning it off and on again, same problem. Am I going to have to reflash it?

And even worse, I forgot to backup my settings