Active Topics

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
^^^^ Not true. They were there on PR 1.2.

(The extra developer apps)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
I noticed following changes:
  • The (digital) clock UI has improved. The numbers aren't bold anymore and tabular figures are used, which means the numbers don't "jump" every second because of different character widths.
  • After you delete browser history and start the browser again, the default Nokia bookmarks are restored immediatly. On PR1.2 on the first start after history deletion there were no bookmarks visible. The re-appeared only after the second start.
  • After an app is started, there seem's to be a pause until you can open that app again (the app name is gray in this time, test it with the PureLight app). If the app alters the desktop file to display another icon (again, like see the PureLight app), the new icon doesn't get visbile immediately, but after this pause (some seconds). So, with the PureLight app, if you start the app the camera LEDs turn on but the icon reflects this state just after some seconds. If you start this app again, to turn the light off, the light gets off immediately, but the icon is updates a few seconds later.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
Maps definitely works bettrr, located me indoors and an routes to a destination which it earlier used to say cant be reached by car.

Anyone of you notice that the facebook and twitter notification notifies faster? In PR1.2, I have my automatically update feed items at 10 minutes and it only notifies every 10 minutes. I have same setting now but I receive the notification 5 minutes (or less).

Originally Posted by ssjmec View Post
Im in the Phil too and if you cant for the OTA, PR1.3 is already availble in navifirm for Phil products (16Gb and 64Gb)
Yep. Just got mine updated today. Minor lagging issue has been fixed but not 100%. No lag when scrolling/switching between menus. It only lags when you scroll/switch menus right after closing an app or while you are updating an app. Before, it lags even no app is open or after closing multiple apps.

- Reviews in OVI store doesn't load.
- Connects immediately to my wifi even with low signal.
- Will try fasterN9 tomorrow to see if it will complete fix the lag issue.

Edit: I believe Nokia should fix the memory consumption of Meego OS and apps on N9 cause when I check the remaining memory (RAM), I only have 200mb left after boot. I use dropcache to free up some RAM to make my phone responsive again. Meaning, Meego eats up at least 700mb of RAM to boot (even no additional apps are installed). WTF, Nokia!

Last edited by carlo_N9; 2012-07-08 at 16:19.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
^^ Before getting all worked up do some background research...linux caches the memory system so that it is readily availabe when an app requires it unlike your windows pc so you dont need to fret if you've only 200MB free...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
sending @ receiving NFC from another device such as nexus? anyone tried?

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

Someone can confirm this http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=34 - breathing light fixed in PR1.3 by editing /etc/mce/mce.ini ? Thanks!

Unable to do video or normal call in gtalk after updating to PR 1.3. Anyone facing the same issue?

Originally Posted by maddy197 View Post
Unable to do video or normal call in gtalk after updating to PR 1.3. Anyone facing the same issue?
I'm having the same problem as of yesterday, and I'm still on PR1.2.