Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Since yesterday evening I have received more than 100 messages from server saying "new version is available with download link" I'm sick!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuxnet For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ under the sky
i guess u should add an if statement to block such messages and ignore them.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
1) If you change from Wifi to 3G or viceversa, the connection menu will pop up even if the change is successful. That's a weird Qt bug. If your connection is stable and you're not changing it, Yappari won't show the dialog.

2) No. That only contains the last status Yappari sent to the server (and was confirmed by it).
hi
good day....sorry to disturb, i want to appreciate your effort on the development of yaparri for whatsapp
please i have a problem wit my facebook chat I:M, i can not find the setup account in the VOLP & IM
please help me....coz i don't know what to do....i have unistall and install the application in the application manager
i have update my phone using x-terminal.....please what will i do

thanking you in anticipation

Yesterday my friend asked me whats that yappari thing in your status .. i told him this is the client that i am using ..
So here's my status "Hey i am using yappari"
so you can change status i think ..
what about adding an option to the next version to control status

Another thing i am running yappari now 24/7 and it is very stable and even in 2.5 G it stays good no crashes no freezes ..
Thanks alot for this

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I don't know if it is permanent but this (changing the cc (country code), number with plus and country code and status to use) works:

http://www.paoloiannelli.com/2012/01...-command-line/

You have to use it from the same connection that yappari is using, so I connected my N900 to y wifi, and did it from Debian in my computer.

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by TDSii View Post
i guess u should add an if statement to block such messages and ignore them.
That's not a solution. In a few days you all won't be able to login and receive a "Client too old" message (in the log, in the GUI you'll see a Protocol Error).

I'm already announcing the newest version for the next release but this will happen again someday.

Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
I don't know if it is permanent but this (changing the cc (country code), number with plus and country code and status to use) works:
That method will stop working in any time and I think this forced update might have something to do with it. In the current Whatsapp clients there's another method to change the status (Yappari uses a different one).

The problem with that method is that as you can see you can change the status of anyone just knowing his/her phone number...

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-07-06 at 14:47.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
The problem with that method is that as you can see you can change the status of anyone just knowing his/her phone number...
I readed that they partially solved the problem. Now you need to be connected with the same IP to be able to change the status with that. While you program it, could be a workaround for people wanting the feature.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Originally Posted by Stuxnet View Post
Since yesterday evening I have received more than 100 messages from server saying "new version is available with download link" I'm sick!!
I've received about 20 message from that server since I connected 5 min ago. I think they are trying to spam WhatsApp clones somehow. More than sick at this moment ... but laughing at them

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I'll try to release today or tomorrow a new version with just that version problem fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Helooo...
Thanks a lot for the apps man
I recently download n installed in my n900
The installation is success but when i tried to register it always saying failed but i did recieved sms from yappari about th authentication code.
But the registraytion status is still failed.
do you know what might happened?

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp