Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2012 @ Indonesia
i cant say anything, i just want to say thank you to whoever that have take a part for developing meego, maemo, etc. to all developer you are the guys man!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to miteka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I am so sad to see the talented folks at Nokia leaving! I've always considered Nokia as "future disruption" kind of company.. They always had interesting designs, interesting OSes, and interesting technologies... Unfortunately this is now ended due to ignorant BoD and Elop.. :/

Thank you Maemo and MeeGo team for all your work! And I will be keeping my N900 and N9 for a long long time.

Kind of off-topic: What hurts the most, is that... Since now Maemo/MeeGo and Symbian are pretty much gone.. There is literally no OS that is interesting and all the things that I got used to, and all the things that I expect out of a phone will not be possible in the future..

I hate feeling dumbed down because of an incapable OS.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Thanks you sotiris and maemo team. Its one hell of a software and UX you put on N9. Wish you all the best and your new venture will also be fruitful to you and the linux community as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to sifayath For This Useful Post:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sotiris and everyone behind Maemo / Meego!

I have, and still use both my N900 and N9 - amazing devices - hope that some day we can again see something as amazing as them!

The Following User Says Thank You to zamorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Thank you guys for making my dream a reality.

The Following User Says Thank You to LavaCroft For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Thanks guys for making such Great devices. Wish you best for your future.

Elops next target will be this community as its now the only thing remaining.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Sotiris, congratulations to you and your team members for coming up with such a beautiful software design and architecture and so robust which still rules and compete with other OSs. I'm using N900 and always loved it. I didn't knew till now who designed it, but from GSMArena I got to know its you and your team members who made it possible. I'm so happy that I used Maemo OS and I got to learn so many things from it(being into mobility development, Android :/). Whether it was tweaking any software or tweaking hardware for our needs I always enjoyed every bit of it and learned from it. Though I never contributed to Maemo/Meego but always wanted to and will try to come up with something for sure if in anyway I can be helpful to it.

And last I wish you and your team-members come up with something great on your own in future and wishes for bright future for you and your team mates.

See you in future sometime-somewhere and we wish we get to experience something new from you and your team-mates ... : )))

And to all Maemo and Meego community thanks to you every person or member of this forum; whether it was porting to Nitdroid or Meego port to N900 I learned from you all very much, My sincere thanks to you all.

And I doubt there will be a thread in future where users will be thanking to a guy or team of other OS(like Android/Windows/Iphone etc) makers, because we experienced it and know the value of Maemo/Meego

The Following User Says Thank You to abhizone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
do you think its now true?

Hope Nokia give us the OS for open source

http://www.gsmarena.com/meego_team_w...-news-4478.php

Last edited by cvp; 2012-07-05 at 08:12.

Originally Posted by cvp View Post
do you think its now true?

Hope Nokia give us the OS for open source

http://www.gsmarena.com/meego_team_w...-news-4478.php
LOL

time to move on. The N9 is dead, and pr1.3 is a joke. It introduced more bugs than it fixed.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
PR1.3 is prefect,no errors the smart guy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaemoJirka For This Useful Post:

Tags
specc is the, troll ericsson