Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
from that description they are saying that notification popup on the screen after each shot is not showing up and privacy policies are not found.

They might have problems in dropbox or they may not. First when I tried the application, I was also wondering that I don't see any pics in Dropbox, untill I found which folder it uploads it them to, as that is not that trivial thing to find. Maybe you should attach some screenshots for them about what folder they should check the pics to appear into.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Dresden - Germany
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
from that description they are saying that notification popup on the screen after each shot is not showing up and privacy policies are not found.

They might have problems in dropbox or they may not. First when I tried the application, I was also wondering that I don't see any pics in Dropbox, untill I found which folder it uploads it them to, as that is not that trivial thing to find. Maybe you should attach some screenshots for them about what folder they should check the pics to appear into.
Thank you very very very very much. So it works also on PR1.1? Maybe the story with the folder is the problem, not the best solution, but the way the Dropbox API works. :-/

About the privacy policy, I am not sure what they want, how much, how long?! In other apps (SkyFiles, DropN9, Dropian, MeeDav) I could not find any privacy policy, is there some information or hint somewhere?

AlphaX2

Originally Posted by AlphaX2 View Post
... I could not find any privacy policy, is there some information or hint somewhere?

AlphaX2
You can always ask developer.support@nokia.com
From my experience they are very helpful and should answer within max. two working days.

Of course be sure to describe your issue as detailed and completely as possible as the turnaround time of ~1 working day is pretty long and by providing sufficient information you increase the probability of getting the "right" answer in the first shot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
You can always ask developer.support@nokia.com
From my experience they are very helpful and should answer within max. two working days.

Of course be sure to describe your issue as detailed and completely as possible as the turnaround time of ~1 working day is pretty long and by providing sufficient information you increase the probability of getting the "right" answer in the first shot.
Yepp I know. I also wrote them and waiting now.

Very big thanks to this nice community!

AlphaX2

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Thank you very very very very much. So it works also on PR1.1? Maybe the story with the folder is the problem, not the best solution, but the way the Dropbox API works. :-/

About the privacy policy, I am not sure what they want, how much, how long?! In other apps (SkyFiles, DropN9, Dropian, MeeDav) I could not find any privacy policy, is there some information or hint somewhere?

AlphaX2
Just tested on PR1.1:
Code:
# python /opt/FotoShareN9/fotoshare_service 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/FotoShareN9/fotoshare_service", line 7, in <module>
    import dbus
ImportError: No module named dbus
So your missing python-dbus from your depency list, thats why its not uploading the files to dropbox.

http://www.opentracker.net/article/h...privacy-policy

Mostly you need to mention that application gathers/stores ssh/ftp/etc login details, and how does application use them, and then you can mention in there that they are 'safe' and your not selling them to 3rd parties or uploading them to your private backend ;-)

PS. this is pretty common 'feature' of QA that some depency is missing, but they don't tell that in the reject message. As it looks like that QA is never running/starting the application from the commandline, where they could just paste the error message to developer. I've seen this happening quite often in #harmattan irc channel. Maybe someone should suggest step to QA start from commandline if app has some failing functionality or is unable to start.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-06-12 at 13:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Hi AlphaX2

I'm looking very much forward to try this app when I receive my nokia N9 possibly by the end of this week.

Without having tried it yet, I still have two requests/questions;

Is it possible to set it only to upload while charging (to save battery), instead of instant upload?

And, would you consider to add upload to google drive? :-)

Thanks for the good work!

/Søren

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain

AlphaX2
I hope they also know that, nowdays, you have to change settings.ini file in Drop900 app to get Dropbox synchronization with N900. Where it says "getdropbox..." you must clean "get" (afair)

Edit: at least, for Fremantle (don't know for Harmattan)

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
PS. this is pretty common 'feature' of QA that some depency is missing, but they don't tell that in the reject message. As it looks like that QA is never running/starting the application from the commandline, where they could just paste the error message to developer. I've seen this happening quite often in #harmattan irc channel. Maybe someone should suggest step to QA start from commandline if app has some failing functionality or is unable to start.
Jepp would be nice, but I don't know who is the right person to tell this idea?!

I hope I got everything now, I resubmitted it 5 mins. ago, maybe it will not fail this time, I also added a privacy policy dialog at the menu, telling that only the login data is saved on your device and only used to connect to the services. I hope it will be enough!

Thanks. AlphaX2

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
I did it and reinstalled the version I downloaded from the first post because I could not find it in Ovi Store. Now when I open it, it crashes.

What can I do?

Should I wait until it is available in the store?
Please do the following in the XTerm:

Code:
python /opt/FotoShareN9/fotoshareGUI.py
Please copy the output in this thread!

Did you remove the files fotoshare.cfg and fotoshare_service.sav?

AlphaX2

Originally Posted by starburger View Post
Hi AlphaX2
Is it possible to set it only to upload while charging (to save battery), instead of instant upload?

And, would you consider to add upload to google drive? :-)

Thanks for the good work!

/Søren
1. No you can only upload in Interval (5-60 mins after you take a photo) or upload only with Wifi, a charging option is not available and not planed!

2. Google Drive could be on the list for a later version, because for a later version it's planed to make the code modular and allow on this way different hosters/services etc.

AlphaX2