Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
dear scorpius,

first of all i like to thank you for all the work you have done...
i have this I/O Error and i already do all the solution for this problem in your previous thread...still this problem appear...
is their any other solutions...
thanks

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
People getting Segmentation Fault or std::bad_alloc when opening contacts (starting Yappari) have their address book corrupted (same for the people with Waze crashing when selecting contacts). They should export the contacts, go to Contacts -> Settings -> Delete all contacts from device, and re-import them, or maybe, import them one by one until you find the offender contact.
i had that problem too. my contacts were all messed up due to integration with facebook chat, im clients, merging contacts, etc..

a work around that i did was to export all my contacts via transfer & sync to my old nokia E72, delete everything here and then import them back. this helped since the old E72 does not import the IM clients details which was causing the issue (it saved all important information like numbers, emails, websites, dates, etc)
you can give this a try

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Yeah I had the user in my adressbook as the name Wouter. Then suddenly when I unlocked my screen again his name was different.
is the other person using an iphone?

i noticed something similar post the release of 0.0.10 but not sure if its exactly what you pointed out. For my friends using the iphone, the first message they send me has their name which I have stored in my phonebook. (for eg. Aman Narang) But the rest of the messages in the same chat window come with the name that they had entered on the whatsapp server (for eg: @m@n)

its not a big deal for me though as long as i know who am I talking too

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I didn't know that option exists, I have to check my Android client. Since right now Yappari has a very basic support (you can't even leave the group) I guess you can't avoid the messages.
I asked the friend that told me about that and he have told me that there is an option to deactivate notifications of a group for some hours, days or whatever... You continue receiving the messages of that group, but you won't get notifications for that group (you will continue other notifications from other groups or messages).

He does that (and I would like to) because some of my friends have a group were people sends about 100 messages a day and 200 on fridays and saturdays (some of them at hours were somebody of the group is already sleeping). Some of them have no battery for a certain hour at weekends XD.

Last edited by malkavian; 2012-06-07 at 10:16.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Spain
nice!! i need it chat in group... Ty Scorpius... Vale wey buen trabajo de nuevo

The Following User Says Thank You to Verssetti For This Useful Post:
Why does yappari give several notifications from the same person? If you leave it on in the background you end up with al lot of notifications windows.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ghais View Post
Why does yappari give several notifications from the same person? If you leave it on in the background you end up with al lot of notifications windows.
Download the newest version > 0.0.10

N900

The Following User Says Thank You to youriehv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by aman18narang View Post
is the other person using an iphone?
Nope, he was using a Note.

Originally Posted by youriehv
Open the app, click on 'yappari' at the top and then on 'donate'.
Thanks

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
@Scorpius & damagedspline

People getting Segmentation Fault or std::bad_alloc when opening contacts (starting Yappari) have their address book corrupted (same for the people with Waze crashing when selecting contacts). They should export the contacts, go to Contacts -> Settings -> Delete all contacts from device, and re-import them, or maybe, import them one by one until you find the offender contact.
For me the address book was fine, I got the "std::bad_alloc" because I had libqtm-12contacts missing, since installing it seemed to have solved the problem. And for the "Segmentation fault" it was caused by the online accounts (I had 7 online accounts running) and after disabling them everything went alright.

The option where you disable notifications for a single chat is called mute (at least that what it is called in my symbian device N82) I am not sure what it is called in other platforms.

Will the next version feature the ability to set your own name and status-message?

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp