Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Netherlands
Another issue;

When im using this app, and have like 3 chats.

The phone is very slow.

Somebody else got it?

EDIT;

The phone is now unusable because crashes (hildon and yappari)!

N900

Last edited by youriehv; 2012-06-06 at 11:40.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
I wouldn't want that Then I would have to use an older version of Yappari. I will only use clients that just send the mobiles I want. If the synchronization only sends the ones with international prefix, I can control it, but if it sends all of them... ouch :S
I actually use the full number (with country code) all the time, for all numbers in every phonebook on every phone I have..

But I also would like to be able to control which subset of my addressbook is visible to whatsapp, that is, if I decide to go on using it.

Perhaps we could have an option to only use contact entries which have a special note (e.g. "whatsapp" in the notes field).

Or better (if possible) have an extra whatsapp field (like skype, etc.)

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by DerCommander View Post
It stays in Connecting state for all the time.

Maybe a can find another wireless network somewhere else here (probably a cafe or so) and try again there. If not i have to wait until i'm back home.
However, thanks for your help!
Hi Scorpius,

just to let you know: i had the possibility to try again using an open wireless in a cafe and now it worked. So everything is fine! :-)
Thanks again!

Now looking forward to the next updates!

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
@jormartr

I think I solved the problem .. if you are using online accounts .. skype, gtalk, etc. try to disable them, do not just go offline but disable each one, and yappari should work fine

Originally Posted by youriehv View Post
Another issue;

When im using this app, and have like 3 chats.

The phone is very slow.

Somebody else got it?

EDIT;

The phone is now unusable because crashes (hildon and yappari)!
I think because you used whatsapp java port sometimes the command java still running in the background even if whastapp was closed and sometimes browser is running in the background after closing it

so try
killall java
killall browser

I have used queen becon to create a widget each time I want to see who is online on whatsapp I use whatsapp java port then close it and click the widget to kill java running in the background

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by tonypower88 View Post
I think because you used whatsapp java port sometimes the command java still running in the background even if whastapp was closed and sometimes browser is running in the background after closing it

so try
killall java
killall browser

I have used queen becon to create a widget each time I want to see who is online on whatsapp I use whatsapp java port then close it and click the widget to kill java running in the background
Please read the First post before you're goanna post something.

THIS IS NOT THE JAVA PORT

N900

Originally Posted by youriehv View Post
Please read the First post before you're goanna post something.

THIS IS NOT THE JAVA PORT
LOL I know that it is not java port but I use them both because yappari doesn't show who is online

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by nicolaselmir View Post
I checked the Log file, it said first that the application is not registered , i uninstalled and installed again now i can see in the Log that Registration is OK . but still reading ( connecting) not connected
this the new Log:
There was an error: 5
Connection closed.
Connecting to bin-short.whatsapp.net:5222 ...
There was an error: 5
Connection closed.
Connecting to bin-short.whatsapp.net:5222 ...
Error 5 is Socket Timeout so it seems you can't reach the Whatsapp servers from that connection you're using.

About the phone being slow I believe is a problem with the audio server and I think I fixed it in the current release I'm working on (0.0.10) using 100% native Maemo notifications.

I have several other bugs to fix when I fix them all I'll release that version.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-06-06 at 17:19.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Installed V0.0.9, but noticed that the yappari status box is no longer in the drop down bar on the regular screens.
It used to show the status of the connection for Yaparri , and was quite useful.

Has this feature been removed ?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by optional106 View Post
Installed V0.0.9, but noticed that the yappari status box is no longer in the drop down bar on the regular screens.
It used to show the status of the connection for Yaparri , and was quite useful.

Has this feature been removed ?
Reboot your phone. That's the broken Maemo hildon-desktop for you. It seems it only happens through updates from one version to another.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp