Notices

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Right now (1.0.0 and 1.0.1), it's only run when something else changes, e.g. if you put the battery percentage on there, it's run every time the battery percentage changes.

In the next version (1.0.2), it will be run every 30-60 minutes (using a system-aligned timer, so when other applications are woken up in that time window, Billboard will update). I didn't include the auto-update in the first place, because I wanted to see how such a regular timer affects the battery usage.
I'd like to have a setting for that, knowing that it might affect my battery usage.

Originally Posted by decibyte View Post
It's just a few lines of code. Aren't you able to create it yourself? Else, I'd happily share my countdown script.
My coding experience is limited only to excel vba. I'd probably find something googeling but help would be appreciated.

Help a noobie out a little bit more, what programming language (don't kill me now) can be used with this app?

A script to show the set alarm time would be cool too...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by PeterSmurffiPan; 2012-06-05 at 20:08.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
thp, when choosing to centre the text alignment and having MeeCast together the billboard text centres not only in width but height also leading some parts of it to be overlapped with Meecast. Left and right text alignment work fine.
thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by PeterSmurffiPan View Post
One thing, I have my phone language as english but full date is displayed in finnish as my regional format is set to finnish. Could this me changed?
The regional format is what's used for things like displaying currencies, dates, times and other things - the system automatically uses this for formatting the date and time. You can of course change the regional format to English and then it should display it in English.

One morw thing, would it be possible to choose wether the meecast widget is displayed above or below the billboard text?
I'll think about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
when choosing to centre the text alignment and having MeeCast together the billboard text centres not only in width but height also leading some parts of it to be overlapped with Meecast.
Indeed - that's a bug; thanks for noticing. Will fix that soon

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
It seems that the MeeCast widget for the stand-by screen is behaving erratically when used in conjuction with Billboard. Sometimes it decides to just not pop up, but it always decides to pop up eventually.

Originally Posted by LavaCroft View Post
It seems that the MeeCast widget for the stand-by screen is behaving erratically when used in conjuction with Billboard. Sometimes it decides to just not pop up, but it always decides to pop up eventually.
Hey,

I've noticed the same. In my experience it seems to be related to the updating of the weather information and when refreshing notification screen (which also updates weather info).

The Following User Says Thank You to PeterSmurffiPan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Hey,

I've noticed the same. In my experience it seems to be related to the updating of the weather information and when refreshing notification screen (which also updates weather info).
MeeCast is set to update every 4 hours, but the oddness with the widget happens more frequently than that. I am unaware of any other way it would be updating the weather info besides me forcing it in MeeCast itself.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
The regional format is what's used for things like displaying currencies, dates, times and other things - the system automatically uses this for formatting the date and time. You can of course change the regional format to English and then it should display it in English.

I'll think about it.
Hey,

thanks for the reply. The date has today changed in to english even though I didn't change my settings at all.

Strange, but I'm not complaining

Originally Posted by LavaCroft View Post
MeeCast is set to update every 4 hours, but the oddness with the widget happens more frequently than that. I am unaware of any other way it would be updating the weather info besides me forcing it in MeeCast itself.
Hey,

press refresh on the notification screen and immediately press close button to get to the standby screen. You'll see a flicker of the meecast widget as it updates itself.

This happens to me every time.