Active Topics

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Anyone going to get the new Nokia/Monster Purity earphones? My Bose in-ear ones are starting to crumble into nothing, and the blue Purity's would match my new cyan N9 quite nicely
There's a store in NYC selling them for just over 100 bones
AFAIR Purity headset does not work with N9. It's meant for Lumia 800 and WP. You can plug them in and they won't make a sound.

using here BH-111 + Denon AH-C710, or just Denon AH-C710 and I am satisfied. Check out the QuasarMX player, BTW. There's a thread on that in the MeeGo/Harmattan forum. Quite a useful player although still WIP.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Maldives
Last evening i tried connecting my N9 to my home speaker system and it did not recognize it

anyone knows if the hifiman re-262 will work with the n9?

also, how will the high impedance (150ohms) and 95dB sensitivity affect the battery consumption or sound quality in any way?

thanks

Originally Posted by EspeonEefi View Post
My only concern is that the wire between the two ends of this adapter seems inordinately thin. Hopefully it will hold up in the long term...
Well, the concern came to pass, and about six months later, the insulation broke where the wire connected to the male connector of the adapter, exposing the underlying copper.

I have since acquired a FiiO LU2 adapter, and it works like a charm. The build quality also seems to be much better than the MEElectronics adapter. There's also the FiiO LU1 for those who want a straight plug rather than an L plug.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EspeonEefi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I'm thinking of getting Wireless Beats by Dre, I hope they don't disappoint. I hate cables!

Originally Posted by IrsH dA wUn View Post
Last evening i tried connecting my N9 to my home speaker system and it did not recognize it
What do you mean? There is no recognition involved here. All your home stereo needs is the appropriate signal input. If you connect the N9 speaker output to your stereo amp, you need a low signal input to get any output, not AUX or CD which are high signal inputs. Otherwise you can pass it through a headphone amp before plugging into your home stereo.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
If you guys look at my post in this thread :http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...00#post1217600

you can still get headphones with mics to work. without an adapter

what i have to do to get it to work: plug in my headphones almost all of the way in just a milimeter or two out or just to where it makes that ugly buzz noise and where you can just barely hear your music/video.
then open the app on this page http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80006&page=2 "headphonefix.deb", and it should work perfect. dont move the headphones though.

thats for people who dont want to spend $5-10 for a adapter lol, id rather buy one though..

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nu1st Street, Iron Triange, Richmond, CA
Originally Posted by stratax View Post
If you guys look at my post in this thread :http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...00#post1217600

you can still get headphones with mics to work. without an adapter

what i have to do to get it to work: plug in my headphones almost all of the way in just a milimeter or two out or just to where it makes that ugly buzz noise and where you can just barely hear your music/video.
then open the app on this page http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80006&page=2 "headphonefix.deb", and it should work perfect. dont move the headphones though.

thats for people who dont want to spend $5-10 for a adapter lol, id rather buy one though..
Don't move the headphones? So are you saying listen/talk with milimeter or two out?
@martycollinsesq

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
there was some devices that had hardware issue, like mine and Mitrandir's, /dev/input/jack don't register anything from jack input, so, Mitrandir made "fix" it's actually a simple hack by simulating jack input.
it is not intended for use with iPhone's (inverted) jack and using it as such can (maybe) harm your device.
//edit:
probably there will be sound...though

Last edited by wook_sf; 2012-06-06 at 23:37. Reason: conclusion

Originally Posted by martycollinsesq View Post
Don't move the headphones? So are you saying listen/talk with milimeter or two out?
i havent tested the mic working or not, just the headphones. whenever you hear the static open the app then leave the headphone jack alone and it should work. id leave music playing when testing it