Posts: 17 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chicago
besides nicer viewing of youtube videos, is it worth it to upgrade from 07 to 08? it's just a pain trying to figure it out and I'm contemplating whether or not to keep going with it

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Sticking with OS2007 is like sticking with Windows 98 over Windows 2000. There's just no reason for it.

OS2007 is the past and OS2008 is the future.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Yep, upgrade. Just the increase to 400mhz processing speed should be enough to upgrade. Plus, it looks cooler, IMO.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chicago
hmm.. thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to schrute, dwight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
yes, upgrade

I find the browsing experience in os2008 quite slow and jerky compared to os2007. Websites load much slower in os2008. Any explanation for this?

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ England
i was considering not updrading too, but its way better lol

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Lake Wobegon, Minnesota
Originally Posted by schrute, dwight View Post
besides nicer viewing of youtube videos, is it worth it to upgrade from 07 to 08? it's just a pain trying to figure it out and I'm contemplating whether or not to keep going with it
I am waiting for the dust to clear. My N800 with 2007 OS works for me. My web browser works fine, the built-in mail program works fine. The only complaint is that I upgraded to Canola2 and it won't play a lot of my videos. I uninstalled ver 1, rebooted and installed Canola2. Like I said 2007 works for me but your miliage may vary. I am always slow to upgrade. I only upgraded to Xp last year. ; >

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Yes flash works great, adblock in the browser (think theres only a chinook version) actually works and blocks ads from sites, modest shows lots of promise as an email client (apart from the fact that it does not render external images as yet) and speed overall is pretty acceptable. Not to mention it just looks so much better than 2007, time to take the plunge and move on - vista/win xp is like comparing apples to oranges when looking at the internet tablet...

I only had experience with 2007HE on the 770 as once I got my n800 I instantly upgraded and have not regretted the decision at all!

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Sticking with OS2007 is like sticking with Windows 98 over Windows 2000. There's just no reason for it.
This was just funny to me. You can tell we're not Windows users often around here...

2000 was not the upgrade to 98. 2000 was the upgrade in the NT line of Windows, as M.E. was the upgrade to 98 SE and XP after that

But none of the matters, smart guys like us probably have Ubuntu or OSX on our machines

The Following User Says Thank You to framerate For This Useful Post: