Active Topics

Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
you can take the voltage down but i suggest not lowering more than 50,000 from the default because smartreflex raised it by that much thinking it was unstable any less.
you can only adjust the opp for 1000mhz, not the lower speeds
Are you implying that the actual voltage is the one given by the dyn_nominal variable? From what I've read that's not the case, dyn_nominal is the voltage at which SmartReflex starts a new round of calibration and lowers from there if possible. The idea is that dyn_nominal is a stable voltage for that particular chip in all conditions, including after deterioration due to aging and at high temperature.

I can't actually set the voltage lower than the default calib voltage, so if I'm right undervolting is not possible, in fact, at least not with the current method.

The Following User Says Thank You to smph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
It all depends on silicon everyone is going to have different results it's like a lottery of who has the better silicon chip!

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
It all depends on silicon everyone is going to have different results it's like a lottery of who has the better silicon chip!
Sorry I meant that if I try to set the voltage lower than the default (1.1875 V for me) it doesn't have any effect, the voltage will stay at the default. I think it's the same issue discussed here. Stability at a low voltage would be an other matter.

The Following User Says Thank You to smph For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
the donation is in US dollars??
Sad... If I do a 3$ donation i'm sure my bank will take 3-4€ of charges :/

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
donations is not a problem, charge is a big problem..

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
I've been using the module for a few days now. I can say that it's well worth a donation.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by pipould View Post
Sad... If I do a 3$ donation i'm sure my bank will take 3-4€ of charges :/
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
donations is not a problem, charge is a big problem..
In my experience, foreign currency conversion fees are normally along the lines of 3%, not 3 EUR. On a donation of a few euros, the fee shouldn't be noticeable.

(I wonder if fears of currency conversion fees are the reason INCEPTION donations have been rather limited...)

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by smph View Post
Are you implying that the actual voltage is the one given by the dyn_nominal variable? From what I've read that's not the case, dyn_nominal is the voltage at which SmartReflex starts a new round of calibration and lowers from there if possible. The idea is that dyn_nominal is a stable voltage for that particular chip in all conditions, including after deterioration due to aging and at high temperature.

I can't actually set the voltage lower than the default calib voltage, so if I'm right undervolting is not possible, in fact, at least not with the current method.
opps sorry, I don't know why I wrote that. I am getting mixed up. I updated the previous post you're referring to. You're correct on both things - *something* is blocking us from lowering the voltage further, and we probably shouldn't anyways. I'll try and fix it though, I must have some other bugs in the module I didn't realize. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Running at 1300mhz and 1325000 voltage for awhile now, battery consumption is higher, but things are so quick. I'm still working on finding the sweet spot.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
My sweet spot is 1300 mhz with the default voltage, 1375000, battery consumption is about the same for me and everything is so smooth and quick! Just did a minimal stress test of 25apps which included angry bird with magic and actioncam. It was so smooth switching between everything no lag in site.