Hey, just got my black 64gb made in Finland n9 from atgsm in NYC and all has been good so far EXCEPT that I can't seem to set up my gmail account. When I try to add my google account and put in my username and password I keep getting an 'unknown error try again later message'. Can anyone help with this? Please?

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I have the same problem since updated to PR1.2

I have 3 gmail accounts, all worked before, but now 1 of them gave me the unknown error. I set up the same account on another Android phone and have no problem.

Anywhere I can cleanup account manually from shell?

since you just got your N9 make sure the date and time are correct before you try to log into your accounts. This is one possible source of error.

I'm experiencing this just recently. I have two gmail accounts: one is gmail.com the other one is company.com but uses google services for mailing.

Everything was working perfectly but suddenly, the second account (company.com) stopped working. I decided to delete and re-add it again, and now I'm getting "can't save account, try again later" or "unknown error".

What's going on!??

Last edited by rdelfin; 2012-04-18 at 15:22.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by rdelfin View Post
I'm experiencing this just recently. I have two gmail accounts: one is gmail.com the other one is company.com but uses google services for mailing.

Everything was working perfectly but suddenly, the second account (company.com) stopped working. I decided to delete and re-add it again, and now I'm getting "can't save account, try again later" or "unknown error".

What's going on!??
Have you tried rebooting and recreating the account after that?

Originally Posted by Soppa View Post
Have you tried rebooting and recreating the account after that?
As a matter of fact, yes, I have. Error message persists.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brussels, Belgium
For information, I have the same problem for months now. It is really annoying, since I do most of my stuff with my google account.