Hello, I've searched high and low but I can't seem to find a place to download Mplayer in a package that's easy to install on my N800 and N810 (both with OS 2008), along with instructions on how to get it loaded onto the tablets.

I found the link to the extras-devel location, but I have no idea what to do with the information on that link.

Help please?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
http://gronmayer.com/it/dl.php?id=141

Open that link on your N800.

It's an Install file that adds the maemo extras-devel repository (development, where all the alpha and beta stuff goes) to your Application Manager. Normally this would be the end of your troubles and you'd just have to refresh the repositories and install mplayer, but as there are still some outstanding issues with the maemo repositories (******ed ones, mostly ), you'll have to follow these extras steps:
  1. After using the Install file above to add extras-devel, go to Application Managers application menu.
  2. Then tap on Tools ->
  3. tap on Application catalog...
  4. Scroll down until you find the "Maemo Testing Extras" repository in the list.
  5. Double-tap it, or highlight it and tap Edit.
  6. Change the Web address filed from repository.maemo.org/extras-devel to repostory.maemo.org/extras-devel
  7. Tap OK
  8. Tap Close
  9. Tap OK (to refresh the repositories)
  10. Install mplayer

Edit: Repositories have been fixed. Use the normal steps.

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2008-01-02 at 20:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
I just went through the steps and it worked!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooohoooooooooo!!!

It's absolutely amazing what a difference the player makes. It plays Divx portable profile flawlessly, and it looks great!! Now I am starting to question the decision to go to microSD instead of full sized SDHC. I Imagine loading this puppy up with a pair of 16GB cards......maybe my 800 won't be relegated to nightstand duty after all.......

I just tried installing mplayer from the gronmayer.com link without "fixing" the spelling of repository and it worked.