Notices

Hello, I thought If it can be possible to convert this
http://pio.sourceforge.net/
to somehow functional game on n900.

It is the port called Pioneers, based on classic board game Settlers of Catan from 1995. Is it possible?

*edit* Just found another port, maybe better than the 1st one http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsettlers2/?_test=b

Last edited by K1ll3rm4n; 2012-03-29 at 10:27.

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Pioneers is in the Debian repositories, so chances are it will work fine in Easy Debian. But since I've never tried it I don't know if the GUI will work or even fit on the small screen.

edit: Jsettlers2 might work too, but since it's Java-based its hardware requirements might be too high.

Last edited by sulu; 2012-03-29 at 11:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
I just installed pioneers in Easy Debian which worked fine. In wide screen mode even the client's interface looks quite ok. At least it fits fine on the screen and the game board has a quite decent size (as much as it can be on a 3.5" screen).

The server's interface doesn't fit on the screen since it's aligned vertically. One can still start and stop servers but once you moved the window to a position where you can click the start/stop button you can't reach the upper half of the window anymore without tricks like using wmctrl.

Since I played Settlers of Catan only once about 10 years ago I can barely remember the basic rules which means I'm not able to test actual gameplay. I think it's doable but you'll need the stylus and I don't know how much fun that will be.

The Following User Says Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Thanks for testing, I can deal with the smaller screen i guess. I use stylus all the time (ye, fat fingers). I played Catan like 3 years back on N70, I recently rediscovered it and I think it is still fun.