Active Topics

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
I can't see any difference in the camera application, it looks like the default one, no settings related to HD resolution, no new methods to handle zoom.
The camera UI should look similar to the default. There are minor changes in UI2, but nothing glaring. Again, if you read my prior post on this, I'm not sure either CSSU had the 720p. There's a separate thread, with separate install instructions for 720.

Originally Posted by g0r View Post
There is a email bug (I think) in CSSU stable and testing version.
There's a new version of modest (the app that handles e-mail) in both CSSU streams. There are a number of bug fixes in both, but as with anything there may be new bugs introduced. You should file a bug report on CSSU about it, and if you need the functionality, you can always temporarily downgrade modest to the default version.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Again, if you read my prior post on this, I'm not sure either CSSU had the 720p. There's a separate thread, with separate install instructions for 720.
camera-ui in latest CSSU-T will enable additional resolutions ONLY IF HD codecs are found. One should install them according to the instructions on 720p thread.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
the issues you are experiencing were already solved by others, check all cssu threads.
where can i see the response??

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
I noticed a bug which is MAYBE caused by CSSU. I will try to explain it...
If I'm browsing with MicroB (in Portrait Mode!) and getting a message I push the bookmark button (sometimes i clicked a link before gettin to bookmark-screen so that microB is loading a new page at this moment but i speedy push the bookmark button..) on screen to get to the dashboard (also in portrait mode..). If I push the menu button to get to the dashboard to read my message everything disapperas and gets black and my hildon-desktop is crashing.. It reloads after some seconds again. [sorry for my broken english.]

Was anyone experienced the same problem and is it caused by CSSU?

Originally Posted by g0r View Post
There is a email bug (I think) in CSSU stable and testing version.
I[..]
I second woody# for filing a bug report on this. Its getting on my nerves too, thought it was a "feature"
Thank you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to longuist For This Useful Post:
hello, thx for ur hard work cssu team
i want to ask for something
can u make camera cssu-t be always full screen ?
cuz alot of time when u shooting apicture u click by wronge on screen or behind the button that u want , so u will find the camera program changed to normal and the butten place is changed so u have to click again to make it full screen and click again on the button that u want
it's take a time , and some times u lose the situation that u want to capture

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.bot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
So, I did an apt-get update and installed the cssu-pr package to pull in the updates, and it all seems to be working well. I'm still seeing a bunch of packages showing up from the Nokia PR1.3.1 update (I think?). Is it safe after this update to pull these in too? If not, how can I get apt-get to ignore these? I'd hate to have to pin all of them. :P

Output of apt-get -s upgrade:
The following packages will be upgraded:
clockd-settings-002 hildon-application-manager-settings-002
hildon-desktop-applet-settings-002 hildon-desktop-application-shortcuts-002
hildon-desktop-background-settings-002 hildon-input-method-data-002
hildon-theme-variant-002 hildon-welcome-settings-002 icd2-settings-002
libcityinfo-settings-002 location-settings-002 maemo-customer-logo-002
maemo-icons-002 maemo-ringtones-002 maemo-wlan-network-settings-002
mafw-iradio-source-bookmarks-002 microb-engine-settings-002
modest-providers-data-002 operator-wizard-settings-override-002
osso-rss-feed-reader-feeds-002 osso-startup-wizard-settings-002
preinstalled-contacts-variant-002 rtcom-accounts-sip-002
rtcom-accounts-xmpp-002 tablet-browser-bookmarks-002
theme-default-settings-002 tvout-settings-002
I have all of these showing up even though i am on the latest version of CSSU testing. I would like to know if it is safe to install these or not. This was never definitively answered.

Also, i am also experiencing the massive battery drain. Previous to updating to the 2nd to last testing release in offline mode my battery lasted 13 days. Now regardless of offline mode it still drops at the 45° angle in batterygraph that others are also reporting. It's getting kind of annoying because the cell modem in this thing died on me in august and so it's only purpose is to be a pocket wifi tablet now, and having to charge it all the time is getting old fast.

Originally Posted by ThePooBurner View Post
(...)
Also, i am also experiencing the massive battery drain. Previous to updating to the 2nd to last testing release in offline mode my battery lasted 13 days. Now regardless of offline mode it still drops at the 45° angle in batterygraph that others are also reporting. It's getting kind of annoying because the cell modem in this thing died on me in august and so it's only purpose is to be a pocket wifi tablet now, and having to charge it all the time is getting old fast.
Sounds like something wakes up the CPU far too often in standby-mode. A very useful tool to find these is powertop.

trackerd, thumbnaierd are usual suspects in this cases.

I am using the latest CSSU-t too with kp49pre50 and never had such problems my standby time.

Good luck!

Michael

any idea of a date for next update?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
any idea of a date for next update?
It should happen by the end of the week (hopefully). If not, then by the end of the next week. List of the packages to be updated is clear. The only thing remainig is building and uploading the packages in the CSSU repo.

Stay tuned

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing