Active Topics

but if it is a hit in the low end or if it takes on andoid middleend phines it might make nokia reconsider its position

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by LTman View Post
but if it is a hit in the low end or if it takes on andoid middleend phines it might make nokia reconsider its position
Will believe it when I see it.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by LTman View Post
Dave999 how did you thank yourself
or is it just a part of your signture
If you run the page I the good old netscape you can thank yourself, atleast that is what I heard.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
is meltimi aimed at touchscreen devices or non touchscreen devices or both

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Rumors place Meltemi at the lower end of the spectrum. Sounds like power users need not apply.
Todays highend is tomorrows lowend. N9 hardware is already not that breathtaking ant the software runs just fine. If we extrapolate a bit to the future, results can be interesting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Todays highend is tomorrows lowend. N9 hardware is already not that breathtaking ant the software runs just fine. If we extrapolate a bit to the future, results can be interesting.
Who's to say this Meltemi will be Linux-based? Even if it is, it will no doubt be locked-down. I expect Meltemi devices to be nothing more than fancy Qt application launchers.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
MeeGo-Harmattan is still MeeGo. Everyone was more than happy to call it that last summer. Indeed, there were a number of people declaring MeeGo to be the future, and Maemo to be the past. They were led to the MeeGo paradise by the Pied Piper of MeeGo, Quim Gil. Now that MeeGo is an embarrassment, those same people would prefer to rebrand MeeGo-Harmattan as Maemo6. Standard human behaviour.

My website

GitHub

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
I think it was a mistake by both Elop and people. Elop said that even Meego turned to be a hit, WP was still the main OS, so some people interpreted this sentence in the way that Elop wouldn't continue developing Meego. Actually, Elop should have said that we would support both Meego and WP. It's just a matter of how how he says it.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Guys, I love to see your faces when nokia will announce the next N— device next year. It won't be a n in the product name, It won't run Windows or Symbian and It will be geeky.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by slashd0t View Post
The short term strategy is windows phone, but, I'm not sure that it is their long term strategy..
With current rate WP strategy is not going to be a long one. Unfortunately it means whatever strategy Nokia has isn't going to be a long one. I.e., all eggs in one basket has its downsides.

Tags
buysomethinelse, it's undead, maemo's dead, meego's dead, r-d-f, tizen lives, winding down