Active Topics

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Marietta, GA, USA--Pombal, Portugal
yes yes YES!!!!!!! IHAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!
ps: if it was on a diff post don't tell me! let me enjoy my glory

easy to get python, uknmp, kagu to install in a breeze
1st-do what the uy above said and clear ur device of all the repo ALL OFF Them!

2nd- create a new repo in the app manager
-name it whateva u want
-type this url http://stage.maemo.org/extras
-here's the catch that made it impossible for apps to install, make sure th distribution box is EMPTY that's what made the app manager crash!
-components: free non-free
- that's it!

3rd- i recomend you install python runtime first as in case it fails again you allready will have what you need!

4th- Download and install all u want, it all works for me !!

i spend the last 3 hours experimenting untill it finally worked! i made this thread so all the new users have some guidance

tell me if it work for you

Last edited by xPAKxMaster; 2007-12-29 at 08:11.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xPAKxMaster For This Useful Post:
Well, using that manually-setup repository worked for me to install Canola2.
Thanks for sharing your researches.
Simon.

Just tried maemo mapper but it still says im missing "libgdbm3"

Any ideas on what to do?

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Marietta, GA, USA--Pombal, Portugal
Originally Posted by MysticKiller View Post
Just tried maemo mapper but it still says im missing "libgdbm3"

Any ideas on what to do?
theoredically it should have worked because in the mist of my adventures to find the answer i reflashed my device and installed maemo mapper just fine... so there's got to be something wrong with ur device but i dont have a clue

sorry, i hope you figure it out
cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to xPAKxMaster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xPAKxMaster View Post
theoredically it should have worked because in the mist of my adventures to find the answer i reflashed my device and installed maemo mapper just fine... so there's got to be something wrong with ur device but i dont have a clue

sorry, i hope you figure it out
cheers
Dude I just restarted my N800 and tried installing again and it worked!! I think you should edit your guide and tell ppl to restart their devices before installing any other programs, worked for me!

Thanks alot!

Ok, so I'm new to the N800, and want to get some of these apps installed, but what's a Repo?

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
repo = repository

This worked for me. Remember to install python library first, beforfe e.g. Kagu. Otherwise it might not work.

i have the same issue with mapper on n800 and os2008...missing libgdbm3... i don't understand the fix ideas either...
i dont know what to install on memory card or
on my windows pc....i need line by line explanation...
i tried downloading various linux files suggested and putting them on my memory card...then when i use the n800 application manager, it says they are not compatible packages...
thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!!

Originally Posted by nokian111 View Post
i have the same issue with mapper on n800 and os2008...missing libgdbm3... i don't understand the fix ideas either...
i dont know what to install on memory card or
on my windows pc....i need line by line explanation...
i tried downloading various linux files suggested and putting them on my memory card...then when i use the n800 application manager, it says they are not compatible packages...
thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!!
hey hows it going, i know how it feels to be new to something but bare with me;

-do not install apps from the memory card because some apps like python and kagu(notsure) are not standalone installers they are dependencies and the app manager does not recognize it as an installation file
- on your n8xx go to the app manager (under the settings pallete on the menu)
-open the drop down menu, go to tools and app... catalogues and delete all of the items there then follow the above steps to add the correct one,
-before u begin installing anything reboot your nokia, that is it.

if you have any trouble PM me
ps: ifi mispelled something it's because im using my tablet at a gas station on the way to FL

The Following User Says Thank You to xPAKxMaster For This Useful Post:
EDIT: Never mind, got it sorted. Seems to do the trick. Thanks.

Last edited by klargon; 2007-12-30 at 12:58.