Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
Originally Posted by TransTech;117419 (i.e tap anywhere on black screen to unlock.) please see first post for the lockscreen (photo and files)8

and one more thing, how about making a Nemo one, (i.e. same as Meego one), can you do it.
Tap to unlock is the original unlock feature that Shakya made for Qt lockscreen so I think I can make it work

A nemo lockscreen design? I'll do my best

The Following User Says Thank You to zifis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
Thanks... but I dont know how to make a deb of all these things, and according to me if a .deb is created it will only work for stage 1 and 2 and for stage 3,4,5 we'll need to create standalone widgets (which i dont know how to make). Stage 6 is just for stability and can be halfly incorporated into transitions file, and other half need to be done manually. (as they are optional)

If anyone (developer) can come forward and make a .deb it would be great, (p.s. and he can take credit for that)

It may work for CSSU Stable if it has portrait lock and portrait wallpapers. (but still usable, with less functionality)

Thanks... You can find the MaeMeeMo guide at the first page, which is quite easy to understand though its lenghty but worth doing if you want Nemo look on your Maemo5 N900.

A normal backup only packs personal settings, favorites, contacts, calenders, which is useless for anyone here.

A backup-menu backup is the one which compresses your optfs and rootfs (i.e. full system backup with all apps including all the personal stuff), which is good to be shared to solve your problem, if I didnt have any personal stuff on it, but I cant share it. (p.s. N900 is my primary phone)

The best thing is use the MaeMeeMo guide, and do it step by step. And if you fall into a major problem then, I'm here for your help.
Thanks, found out the hard way Followed all the step (including the portrait mode) and phone started randomly rebooting. Restored backup , have thing up and going and it's time to have another try without portrait mode

Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
sorry, its not possible for me to make a step by step video these days as I'm having my university exams nowadays.. (1th march to 9th april). The guide is very easy and i tried to explain it in least possible steps according to noob's mindset. btw if you fall into any problem then i can try to help you...

p.s. hard steps are supported with proper screenshots.
u said u will correct the guide. did u do it? ok. i am waiting for someone to try it and leave comments. i gess evryone is facing probl woth the portrait wallpapers. although i did select portrait from the hilodn configuration editor.

why cant i get the BBQ part working

code:
[dbus-send -type=signal --session /com/nokia/hildon_desktop com.nokia.hildon_desktop.set_state int32:128]

I can check is it possible to make deb-package for this.

I haven't used every of these applications/widgets/plugins and not know yet how they can be configured automatically during installation procedure.

Are all these packages and resources free and open source? (I think Nokia Pure font is non-free, but it is on extras and it is easy to install)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zifis View Post
Tap to unlock is the original unlock feature that Shakya made for Qt lockscreen so I think I can make it work

A nemo lockscreen design? I'll do my best
Thanks a lot

Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
Thanks, found out the hard way Followed all the step (including the portrait mode) and phone started randomly rebooting. Restored backup , have thing up and going and it's time to have another try without portrait mode
wait... dont do the portrait wallpapers part if you are using cssu stable, because CSSU testing [v T1.2] has resolved that issue, so please leave that Portrait Wallpapers part if your are on CSSU Stable.

@To All: CSSU STABLE IS NOT SUPPORTED FOR PORTRAIT WALLPAPERS, PLEASE SKIP THAT STEP [gconf settings part]

Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
u said u will correct the guide. did u do it? ok. i am waiting for someone to try it and leave comments. i gess evryone is facing probl woth the portrait wallpapers. although i did select portrait from the hilodn configuration editor.

Yep, Update v1.0.2 is on the first post, along with Theme customizer screenshots and settings part.

Only CSSU Stable is having problem with portrait wallpapers and NOT portrait mode lock.

Originally Posted by klaus1901 View Post
why cant i get the BBQ part working

code:
[dbus-send -type=signal --session /com/nokia/hildon_desktop com.nokia.hildon_desktop.set_state int32:128]
Did you use a fresh QBW and added the code in CMD and added the settings as shown in the respective settings screenshots folders.

Unless you put the settings right, you will have some problem making it work properly.

Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
I can check is it possible to make deb-package for this.

I haven't used every of these applications/widgets/plugins and not know yet how they can be configured automatically during installation procedure.

Are all these packages and resources free and open source? (I think Nokia Pure font is non-free, but it is on extras and it is easy to install)

Except Nokia Pure font everything else is open-source and free, as you said Nokia Pure font is already on Extras so its not needed.

The main thing is the .deb package, It should update Harmattan theme, harmattan icons pack for white themes, add the lockscreen in correct place (qtlockscreen directory), and ask for changing the transitions and change that by creating a backup of the previous, install the wallpapers in the said folder, and apply them upon user's acceptance and add / install the three QBW (Menu, Date, Time).

p.s. QBWs needs to be remaked into a proper desktop widgets and added automatically to a new homescreen, and the menu widget to all other homescreens (again after permission).

If it is possible then can you make the huge project come true.

Thanks.

@To All : New Version v1.0.2 is out see first post for links and changelog.

Last edited by TransTech; 2012-03-05 at 15:09.

Thanks got it working!

The Following User Says Thank You to klaus1901 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Please make a deb from it. This will make the installation easier for both expert and n00b user.
At least deb from resources.
Ammyt did a great tutorial on it: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80914

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Originally Posted by klaus1901 View Post
Thanks got it working!
thanks for confirming its working... can you volunteer here to help other members? It would be a great help for me.

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Please make a deb from it. This will make the installation easier for both expert and n00b user.
At least deb from resources.
Ammyt did a great tutorial on it: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80914

I have sent you a PM regarding that.

Edit: btw putting the resources in right place is quite easy if you have ssh available. (PC + wifi)

@To Developers: If anyone can make a .deb package of MaeMeeMo, then it would be a great help for the community. Thanks in advance

should i copy all the ping files from QBW to home/user/queen_beecon_dir/ or just the menu.png.??

Tags
maemeemo