Active Topics

Notices

I have finally got www2sms with 160by2 working but when I try to send an sms (after doing the logging in bit via the account setup)...it takes forever to log in an it never goes beyond 42% any kinda help regarding this problem would be appreciated?

Thanx!

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by aadityak View Post
I have finally got www2sms with 160by2 working but when I try to send an sms (after doing the logging in bit via the account setup)...it takes forever to log in an it never goes beyond 42% any kinda help regarding this problem would be appreciated?

Thanx!
Sure, just let me see the code you have written for www2sms_providers.py

Would be best if you send me a patch against the GIT-Version here:
https://gitorious.org/www2sms/www2sm...rs.py#line1198

Code:
diff -Nrup www2sms_providers.py your_new_file.py > www2sms_providers.diff
Cheers,
Bjoern

thanx for the reply!

Code as in what? sorry but I am not very well versed with the coding bit...it would be nice if you could briefly explain...the last time I tried using www2sms 160by2 wasnt listed only...I was told by a User Ejas to update the providers list but that weirdly did not happen...anyway so yesterday I updated www2sms and saw that 160by2 was listed so logged in today using my account details...but when I try to send a text it shows that its logging in but gets stuck midway?

thanx for the reply!

Code as in what? sorry but I am not very well versed with the coding bit...it would be nice if you could briefly explain...the last time I tried using www2sms 160by2 wasnt listed only...I was told by a User Ejas to update the providers list but that weirdly did not happen...anyway so yesterday I updated www2sms and saw that 160by2 was listed so logged in today using my account details...but when I try to send a text it shows that its logging in but gets stuck midway?
Ah, I see.

Well I tried to fix some problems wih 160by2 but somehow it is not working for me (Looks like I am not allowed to send SMS from within Europe)

We are currently working on a backport of web2sms for Harmattan.
It looks like 160by2 is working but I can't tell for sure untill someone tests this code and reports back:
https://gitorious.org/web2sms/plugin...0by2/160by2.py

(Uncomment the testing part at the bottom and download the plugin_credentials.cfg file https://gitorious.org/web2sms/plugin...redentials.cfg . Change your username and password in the config file and adjust the path to the config file in 160by2.py then run it with "python 160by2.py")

You can run it on windows and/or Linx or your N900 as long as Python along with the Mechanize module is installed.

I will not alter or try to fix anythin on www2sms plugins until someone confirmed that the above code is working. Then it will be easy to update the www2sms plugins code.

Stay put. I'll drop a not when web2sms from Harmattan is ready for testing. http://web2sms.olausson.de/ (Of course it will look a bit different on Maemo5)

Cheers,
Bjoern

The Following User Says Thank You to blubbi For This Useful Post:
yes I dont think you would be able to send a text from Germany via 160by2...it works exclusively within I India and I think the middle east.

yes I dont think you would be able to send a text from Germany via 160by2...it works exclusively within I India and I think the middle east.
So... anyone able to test the above code?

Cheers,
Bjoern

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New delhi, India
I am also a very wide user of 160by2 and I would request you to please solve the problem of this application. It takes forever for the 'login in' part and the message does not get sent, Please solve this problem.

Originally Posted by sam9953 View Post
I am also a very wide user of 160by2 and I would request you to please solve the problem of this application. It takes forever for the 'login in' part and the message does not get sent, Please solve this problem.
Please guys, read and, at least try, to understand what I am writing!

I CAN'T TEST IT SINCE I AM LOCATED IN GERMANY.

I WILL NOT MODIFY ANY CODE UNTIL SOMEONE HAS TESTED THE NEWEST CODE FOR WEB2SMS I POSTED IN COMMENT #284

Sorry for the screaming... but please folks, READ

Cheers,
Bjoern

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New delhi, India
Originally Posted by blubbi View Post
Please guys, read and, at least try, to understand what I am writing!

I CAN'T TEST IT SINCE I AM LOCATED IN GERMANY.

I WILL NOT MODIFY ANY CODE UNTIL SOMEONE HAS TESTED THE NEWEST CODE FOR WEB2SMS I POSTED IN COMMENT #284

Sorry for the screaming... but please folks, READ

Cheers,
Bjoern
Okay listen I am ready to do what it takes to repair this app and make it work in my country, I am in India and i will be able to do all the testing but the problem is i dont know much about this harmattan and QT stuff so you will need to guide me step by step.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
I dont use www2sms now as I have unlimited free sms, but for the sake of others, I will test this on Tuesday and report back.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!