Active Topics

I changed my web browser font to size 18 but then I noticed that some sites looked weird and the text was out of place. Now I'm trying to set the font size back to normal but I forget what the default size was lol..

Been messing with my N800 all day. Finally added a video to the 1gb SD card, along with some songs and 1 picture.

Then I only had 128mb left..I found something in the memory section named virtual memory. It asked if I would like to convert some of my internal cards space into more memory. So I told it to do that to the remaining 128MBs figuring I can always take it back if I wanted to.

Well, does this make the device go faster or something? and if so, couldn't I just buy that 8GB SDHC card and use all 8gigs for virtual memory if I wanted to lol?

Finally my device has no media on the built in memory, and has 2 SD cards equipped to it which are filled with media. ^^

For a minute, I didn't think my headphones would fit in the jack. Had to put some force into it to get them in. lol same with the power adapter slot.

I did the update for )S2008 but when I check about product, it says: "Internet tablet OS: maemo Linux based OS2008

then under it it says: Version 2.2007.50-2, is that right or did I screw up?

Canola2 says corrupt installation every time I try to install it~

Lastly, Is it possible to download more themes, or use one of my pictures as the wallpaper?

Thanks again for all the help.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Please see this thread:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...023#post117023

It has a post that will look very familiar to you. Since you started that whole thread, I figure you must have just lost track of it... so now you found it.

The Following User Says Thank You to technut For This Useful Post:
Canola2; that just happens sometimes!

Backgrounds; you can download themes, but I haven't. When you go to home/set background, you select browse, then find the picture you want. Easy as

Virtual memory doesn't make it run faster per se, but it means you can have more apps running before it falls over

Tsch, thought that looked familiar!

Well my N800 "died" again but this time it shut itself off first for some reason.

What does re-flashing exactly mean? Does it mean to just connect my N800 to my PC via USB and re-install OS2008 using the wizard?

Yes, for the last question.

re-flashing overwrites the internal flash storage (i.e. where the operating system and your files are). As part of the re-flashing the flasher will detect any backups you made on your SD card and offer to restore the backup. Doing that will re-install some of your files (things stored in MyDocuments, local BT/wireless configurations and a bit more).

re-flashing without restoring a backup is essentially to set it back to factory setting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post: