Posts: 47 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London, UK
WHY!? oh why cant nokia make a proper update for this phone!?
had a problem with twitter, cant see any tweets in the app, rebooted reset redeleted everything there was somehow by an accident got the app to actually display my tweets after authorizing it 5 times in a row through some stupid web form. Great, thought that was it... well no! i go to my feed and see no tweets at all, refresh still nothing, in the app i can see them just fine though but need them to be in the feed so i reboot the phone... after ten f-ing times of being asked to authorize the twitter app, i finally see my tweets in the feed but guess what? after clicking on one of them it takes me to the app where all i see is "tweet not found" wtf? again?
im so pissed off with this slow buggy piece of.. seriously i cant be asked to reflash my software every week or so because of whatever bug i find and i thought pr1.2 would bring it on to the proper level.
please help me if anyone has any ideas otherwise im going back to my lumia which doesnt take 10 minutes to load my web feeds and has social netwroks functioning properly.
Anyone?

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky View Post
The PR1.2 update didn't showed up in the graphical update UI, but apt-get showed me a >280MB update. So I updated via terminal, which failed at some packages.
The Product Info page showed PR1.2 but the phone behaves strange, I had lags etc.

So I flashed PR1.1, but this also failed at the "cmt"-part.

Code:
    image        [state    progress         transfer     flash speed]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[x] cert-sw      [finished   100 %       1 /       1 kB      NA     ]
[x] cmt-2nd      [finished   100 %      95 /      95 kB      NA     ]
[x] cmt-algo     [finished   100 %     789 /     789 kB      NA     ]
[f] cmt-mcusw    [finishing    0 %    6050 /    6050 kB    3356 kB/s]
[x] xloader      [finished   100 %      23 /      23 kB      NA     ]
[x] secondary    [finished   100 %      93 /      93 kB      NA     ]
[x] kernel       [finished   100 %    2712 /    2712 kB    2001 kB/s]
[x] rootfs       [finished   100 % 1102546 / 1102546 kB   11585 kB/s]
Fetching error list:
========================================
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
MTC_NOS_READY not received
Client SUD failed to handle message 0x88:0x08
CMT RFS failed
[Pipe   7] Finishing in error state with status 1
========================================

ERROR: Failed to flash images
So I wouldn't recommend to downgrade

Has anyone an idea how to fix that, or should I wait for PR1.2 on Navifirm?
Something`s definitely wrong...
I have the FW files back for PR1.1 downloaded from NaviFirm and ready...
in the meantime, I cleared the device, reset it again and I still can`t scroll down to the very bottom apps in the app menu...and even worse, the keyboard doesn`t show up, at all
I can`t set my accounts again, can`t get back to N9QuickTweak to make a restore, there`s no PR1.2 on NSU or NF, yet...

and yes, even before I hit the damn button in the app, which started all this, the phone was totally laggy after PR1.2 update...it definitely seemed strange...
so be patient guys, looks like there`s something bad going on and they`ll need some more time to make it properly...

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Perú.
Strangely enough, I didn't have any problems with Twitter. But I'm having the same problem you have with facebook.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Screw it, second attempt after reboot still isn't updating.. Gonna just Reflash to PR1.1 and then stick on PR1.2.

Easier then trying to figure out which rogue program or repo is causing this annoying error..
Try deleting the .debs in the apt cache, even if you deleted a repo, the package you downloaded from it might still be there.

rm -rf /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb as root

mine was giving the same error, and it's updating now.

Last edited by fwrnando; 2012-02-27 at 19:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to fwrnando For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Sacramento, CA USA
Whats the apt-get command to get PR1.2?

Please do tell

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Cluj, RO
Not yet available in Romania. Has anyone seen it here?

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by RazorNoobish View Post
Strangely enough, I didn't have any problems with Twitter. But I'm having the same problem you have with facebook.
i know how to solve that, lets reflash! oh WAIT! we cant.. great good job nokia, i mean no one in there before the release of this update wondered: "oh lets try this software on an actual phone see if it actually works!" very silly from nokia

I don't use Twitter or Facebook.....please help me get it via the apt-get command...

what is the command please?

I wouldn't try upgrading using apt-get.. did this for pr1.1 because something prevented me from using the gui updater, ended up having to reflash. and as there is no version for the flasher yet you may end up having a device in a not usable state which I guess you do not want.

The Following User Says Thank You to boudjere For This Useful Post:
I'm just not patient....Malasia is where mine came from.....got all other updates (most fail to install) but not PR1.2.....sucks