Active Topics

Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
@Moody
what version is that ?
try version 5.8 (the latest stable)
sorry i made to many updates lately

@panjgoori

this problem is fixed in v5.8

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
I've attached some screenshots to show the effect of battery patch on my device. One of them is edited because I merged two screenshots, and one show the battery use under medium load.
If this is an evidence of well working battery patch, then I'm not very impressed. It is quite identical to mine with exception that I do not use any patch.

Your battery drain is something like 10% per 12h. Is that graph showing voltage [V] or capacity [mAh]?
What activity did you have going on during that time? If just idle, then that performance is not so dramatically good.

Would you be able to show your log from longer period (with fully charged battery)?

Last edited by Gusse; 2012-02-19 at 19:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gusse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Sky blue line is battery in mAh
Pink columns is CPU usage
Blue columns are WiFi usage
You can notice in the third pic that the charge at the beginning was almost full.

First of all it depends from phone to phone, what things you have installed, when the last time you restarted... I didn't get such graphs before the patch, and it depends from day to day. As you can see in the second pic, I got 4-5% drop in 10 hours of idle. Also, the third pic shows a 20-22% drop from 11am to 9pm with normal use during the day, around 2% per hour with use, which is very good in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to ahmadamaj For This Useful Post:

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
First of all it depends from phone to phone, what things you have installed, when the last time you restarted... I didn't get such graphs before the patch, and it depends from day to day. As you can see in the second pic, I got 4-5% drop in 10 hours of idle. Also, the third pic shows a 20-22% drop from 11am to 9pm with normal use during the day, around 2% per hour with use, which is very good in my opinion.
OK. I agree that there are variations between devices and your battery performance is at average good level, but my point is that it can be achieved also without patch.

Idle current consumption fully depends on how you have tuned your device (=how much your device get sleep time). Kernel parameters (freq, volt, SR, etc..) and what applications you are running make battery to drain, faster or slower. And by looking battery patch kernel config files, those are not even close to optimal settings... Might be for someone, but for sure not for everybody...

Last edited by Gusse; 2012-02-19 at 21:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gusse For This Useful Post:
that's true guess
that's why there are 4 profiles used in batterypatch all together

continues time>
overclock for normal using : conservative module | did many tests with all the modules and it attended that conservative is the best saving battery module with CONTINUES USAGE ONLY while it sh|ts with STANDBY
why ? well because it tries to keep you at the minimum frequency while using N900
ex :
805mhz opens a calculator (this happens with ondemand)
500mhz opens a calculator with the same speed as ondemand (but with conservative)

on standby>
underclock : ondemand module | the best in standby and it's good with continues time but as much as conservative regarding with battery saving

N900 ringing :
overclock-call : just switches minfreq to 600mhz until u pick up the call
then overclock-while-in-call gets activated : switches back to 250mhz as minfreq in order not to waste battery while speaking and no danger

not to mention renicing, vfs,
and pausing some processes(testing only)

hope this makes more clear

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karam For This Useful Post:
hmm...it was appearantly the 5.8 that i deleted.

Problem has now deteriorated.

It keeps rebooting and on the NOKIA logo screen there was written "Malfunction! Shutdown in 10s" in the green font.

Does this mean i have to reflash the whole thing.
If so is it possible to do this without an usb port.
It fell out a while ago.
Will not take it to nokia centre in the store i bought the phone anymore as last time they send it to nokia because they couldn't fix it.
Nokia themselve refused to fix the usb port "claiming" they don't have the parts.
And i had to basicly threaten the store i bought it from to give me a new one.

So questions..can this be fixed without usb port.
If not can i fix the usb port my self true soldering.
And are there clear instructions for it.

Starting to get soooooo fed up with this machine althou i love it and think it is irreplacable for me.

Thanks.

Oo that has got nothing to do with batterypatch

i don't think it is possible to reflash without the USB port
you should've installed backupmenu when you had a chance

as for usb port fixing
well it's possible but it has a weak chance of success
and needs metal melting tools with lots of focusing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karam For This Useful Post:
Had this happen to me today, battery level dropped down to zero, I rebooted and it was back up to 40% but still I only made a few 3g connections...
Attached Images

time to change your battery

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe