Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
I commited Nokia Suicide yesterday and bought the Samsung Galaxy S II as well.

Do I feel guilty??? Of course I do, having been a Nokia N900 fanatic for the past 2 years and a Nokia Smartphone geek for a further 4 years prior.

I have my reasons, but there is nothing I can say negative about the Nokia N900 and this wonderful Maemo community. I am not saying goodbye either.

MyNokiaN900.com will not stop and die, it will carry on as soon as I get my "Nokia" mojo back. I just needed a break from recent Nokia disappointments.
firstly i want to congratulate on having the courage and conviction to change to the samsung phone-well done son,you have made a wise choice that will see you through your darkest days of nokia withdrawal symptoms -may your deepest pleasures be forth coming on while on vibrate,led,s flashing in sync with music player thumping out a charged michael jackson,s "BEAT IT"

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Go browse the applications in my signature, there are several which will alleviate your n900 abstinence syndrome.
In particular, my last trove is Quickpic a gallery application that's free, and much faster than the stock one.

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
I went with Windows Phone instead of Android.

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Flash Cyanogenmod 7.1. I'm LOVING it.

One of my favorite aspects is the built-in DSP equalizer and the ability to revoke permissions for individual applications

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
I also got a Samsung Galaxy S 2.

Still use my N900 for work things, emails, server admin

Rooted my S2 the day I got it, I hated all the Samsung rubbish on it, now running Foxhound3 ROM with siyah kernel, which is nice... I hate all the Apps not being free/open source... Hate the market but meh... I love messing around with new ROMS, but I think it'll wear off soon, I may sell my S2.

For the time being, I am going to use both, people do look at me funny when I have 2 phones though

EDIT

Android doesn't perform anywhere near as good as meamo does, whether this is because of tweaks I don't know, but, I was moving 2 fairly large files to the SD card in Android and the phone was almost crippled, do the same on my N900 and it remains totally usable.

Last edited by AliasXZ; 2012-02-06 at 13:57.