Active Topics

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Arpa View Post
This sounds handy, I already use FR with PC and Picasa.

Is the functionality easily portable (QT) to Symbian btw. Or is it wishfull thinking at best?
There was at least an effort to maintain common QT API for face recognition (or, as I tried to push, generic feature recognition and association API with face/contacts being concrete example). I hope it has made to Symbian -- they were using the same algorithms already and API commonolization was part of our (ground) work.

Said that, I have no idea how far did it go.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Just noticed, in the calendar it is not possible to put an entry which is earlier of 1/1/1960.
That's going to be inconvenient once I get my time machine in order

Does this only apply to the calendar (as in appointments) or to the calendar control and will limit all programs that use it (test: can you enter a birthdate before 1960?)

Last edited by Vaskinn; 2012-01-28 at 20:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Vaskinn View Post
That's going to be inconvenient once I get my time machine in order

Does this only apply to the calendar (as in appointments) or to the calendar control and will limit all programs that use it (test: can you enter a birthdate before 1960?)
<offtopic>
When I got my hands on the Lumia, it tried what's the min/max year range.
Min: 1600
Max: 3000
See, its "better" (probably just in this single regard, though ).
</offtopic>

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arpa View Post
Good comments, but lack of formatting made your message really annoying to read.
Thanks! Just improved formatting. If you have any other suggestions don't hesitate to fill me in.

Last edited by isfr21; 2012-01-29 at 05:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to isfr21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Vaskinn View Post
test: can you enter a birthdate before 1960?
Yes, you can even enter 1900 as a birthdate.

The Following User Says Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
Was expecting much better use of swipe.
For instance:
<SNIP>
Think of any other things I might've missed? Sound off let us know! You never know it could be implemented just from reading that lucky post.
Much easier to read now, some of those srsly should be submitted as enhancement requests or bug reports.
Of course check 1st that it hasn't already been done, we don't want to create unnecessary noise for the devs.
Just pick eight enhancements, bugs, or both that you think are the most critical, maybe even whittle them down.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-29 at 03:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Much easier to read now, some of those srsly should be submitted as enhancement requests or bug reports.
Of course check 1st that it hasn't already been done, we don't want to create unnecessary noise for the devs.
Just pick eight enhancements, bugs, or both that you think are the most critical, maybe even whittle them down.
Thanks. I don't mean to sound lazy but it's getting tiring submitting bugs for this phone. Is there a way I can just refer them to that post? Who knows maybe they might end up reading it, or they already have.

The Following User Says Thank You to isfr21 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Doubtful, they've got their head deep in code...
The only way they'll consider bugs or enhancements they're not aware of, is if they're shoved in their face.
And with bugs they need you to capture data/logs as it's happening, or at least know how to reproduce it.
There's probably other ways to get your msg across, but that's the most effective way that I'm aware of.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-29 at 04:22.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
The only way they'll consider bugs or enhancements they're not aware of, is if they're shoved in their face.
I edited the post again. Added #17 and also filed a bug. Link is on the post. I know it's not how it should be done (putting it all into one bug) but it's what I can do for now.

Last edited by isfr21; 2012-01-29 at 05:03.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Finally:
Copy & Paste at the Browser.
The next needed feature to make my ClipMan application one of the most useful applications on a keyboardless N9! Yeah!
(shameless advertising)

It is currently so hard to read thru this thread... Thanks a lot for all this informations. But I'm working at the moment on my next big project and need every weekend the Debugger on my N950.
Does somebody know when the next Qt SDK with the support for Harmattan PR1.2 will be released?

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Last edited by helex; 2012-01-30 at 22:39. Reason: sorry, not at the email client

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post: