Active Topics

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
@Alex
So since I'm the only one among my friends that has N9, others use Iphones, E72, Blackberrys etc, if I install Ebuddy XMS, and they also do the same, can we still reach each other using different models? Off-course not for E72 as U previously mentioned, but when?

If this is possible then I'll advice all my friends to install it!
Mate, if your mates install the eBuddy XMS app on their iphones, blackberries and android phones, you will be able to chat to them from your N9

Its a cross platform messaging app, I just don't think they have the Symbian S60 3rd edition devices support yet as I don't think them devices have Qt

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Mate, if your mates install the eBuddy XMS app on their iphones, blackberries and android phones, you will be able to chat to them from your N9

Its a cross platform messaging app, I just don't think they have the Symbian S60 3rd edition devices support yet as I don't think them devices have Qt
Thanx buddy, I've already made one of my friends using Iphone to download it, we chatting already and he loves it..... Just need more friends now! Unfortunately my wife uses E72 and she's cut out , well I'm cut out too when it come to WhatsApp.....

finally have one contact that uses xms yay! And i found one annoying issue, if i put my device in either beep or silent mode the xms app still chimes on a full volume, why is it nit controlled by the system volume? Is anyone else's doing the same?

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
From here

XMS eBuddy Beta
Doesn't work. Some issue with qtfeedback.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
One thing I picked, this App drains the H E L L out of the Battery! Something is wrong, haven't had this issue in a while until I added this App

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Read this bug report and all the comments...
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=486

Also read the idle consumption thread....
It's unlikely to be anything to do with the app, just a coincidence.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Read this bug report and all the comments...
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=486

Also read the idle consumption thread....
It's unlikely to be anything to do with the app, just a coincidence.
Read the whole Thread, there doesn't seem to be any solution or cause yet..... But I'm telling U, as soon I added this App things went crazy.....

please anyone port it to N900.plzzz
BACKUPMENU

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Read the whole Thread, there doesn't seem to be any solution or cause yet.....
The thread or the bug-report? The TMO thread talks about several "possible causes".
Some of which have fixes or nearly do, some of which are still mostly speculative.
The bug-report talks about one "possible cause"...
It's one of the few "possible causes" that have managed to build-up a solid argument.
A few workarounds have even been discovered for it...

But I'm telling U, as soon I added this App things went crazy.....
Check battery usage, if it stands out as a high consumer then your suspicion may be right.
If you can't see anything, then try to identify the same issue described in that report.

This reported issue usually kicks-in once a user has installed a new program.
It is readily reproducible by some users now....
So devs have a good chance of identifying what's making the daemon run rampant.

Subscribe to that report, it'll get interesting in the next few wks.
It's not high volume, so you won't be spammed constantly.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-23 at 20:41.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
The thread or the bug-report? The TMO thread talks about several "possible causes".
Some of which have fixes or nearly do, some of which are still mostly speculative.
The bug-report talks about one "possible cause"...
It's one of the few "possible causes" that have managed to build-up a solid argument.
A few workarounds have even been discovered for it...

Other users have exactly the same issue, as soon as they add other apps.
The issue is readily reproducible by them now....
So devs have a good chance of identifying what's making the daemon run rampant.

Subscribe to that report, it should get interest in the next few wks.
It's not high volume so you won't be spammed constantly.
Maybe PR 1.2 will fix this problem! Saw @ GSM Arena that Lumia 800 had a battery problem which got fix via update...

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-01-22 at 18:30.