One thing not mentioned yet that I'm missing. Notification light! Having to unlock the screen to check the notification bar is nowhere near as efficient.

The Following User Says Thank You to rich c For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
the nexus s is (by miles) inferior to the N900.
absolutely wrong statement, as you can not directly compare these devices.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by LordVan View Post
Thanks I will check it out but probably later as it seems this is quite the lengthy procedure
Actually, 95% of the thread is well-summarized in the first 3 or 4 posts. The OP posted a few blanks when he created the thread, and has used them to provide a great set of well broken up topic areas the thread has covered. (Smart OP!) One is just about batteries (where to buy, what to look for, and what to avoid), one is just about charging and external chargers, one is about hardware mods to use dual-battery, etc.

So, all you really need to read are the first 3 or 4 posts to know what's going on in the thread.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by LordVan View Post
ok just why did you link me the pink one?
... but first trying out some battery hacks I found on here or maybe buy another one .. -- one other issue is that sometimes I can'T take calls since the phone switches to the telephone app too slowly (that might've been solved with the speedpatch though still testing)
There are a number of people that would recommend avoiding anything with the word patch.
Is has been know these cause more problems and are hard to remove completely.
It's sound like your N900 needs some TLC. Maybe a reflash.
Have a look at threads on here about slow phones/how to speed up you're phone, you will find a reason.

Example, my phone app is a little slow to respond sometimes.
I can put up with it. I know it's because I have 20-30 widgets on my very busy desktop, it also doesn't do my battery life any good either. When I clear the desktops all is smooth again and I can get another 4-6 hours of battery.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Czech Republic
I choose the N9, but still use N900 from time to time

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Forest of Dean, England.
Well I have tried other devices.

In terms of apps and mod-a-bility Android is a winner. I bought an Acer Liquid Metal. Great device, overclocked to 1400mhz and its really rapid, faster than the N900 no doubt.

But something about the N900 keeps me using it as my main device.

The way it works, the hardware keyboard, the camera quality and the form factor seem to work for me.

I'm in that weird place where on paper there are many better devices than the N900, but my head/heart wont allow me to change!

I've now gone to the extent of looking at all the major apps I use on the Android device (eg ebay, match.com, paypal), and creating shortcuts on the N900 desktop as if they are apps.

Reasons to keep: Records calls perfectly, massive storage - I love music, great to use, pretty fast, great web browser, brilliant cut/paste, great camera, brilliant mobile reception, excellent wifi signal, love modding!

Reasons to move on: Lack of main market apps, email is ****...really ****!, no real decent twitter app, faster devices out there.

Guess I'm keeping it then!

PICTURES TAKEN WITH MY N900

The Following User Says Thank You to thebtman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
I have just ordered a Galaxy Nexus. it's the end of my contract anyway so am due upgrade.

I am going to keep my N900 with me at all times as there is nothing like it. There is plenty of wifi around (esp since Sky have just teamed up with cloud wifi) so I dont need a sim, although I may get a sim only/pay as you go just in case.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

The Following User Says Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ The Northpole
It wonīt samsung thatīs for sure. i just tried gps ala galax and i swear every single time i held it horizonally my left index finger hit the power button which then switched off the phone. STUPID design!!!

Since N900 was my first smartphone I'm afraid it might have set my bars too high for a newer one... Not even a tablet PC can fulfill which I already satiated on this N900.

Capacitive screens that can accept pressure sensitivity features? Wonder when will that come. Galaxy Note? Hmm, I need more justification...

After owning the N900 for almost two years last Autumn I went for the N8 after I learned it will get Belle, the camera was a massive factor as well. I was thinking about going Android but I just couldn't, even when I found a phone I could see myself owning there always was the "but it hasn't got the N8 camera" cloud hanging above it. So as a day to day phone so far the N8 was brilliant, love the aluminum body, the way it looks, the camera of course, satnav is amazing (who needs sygic) etc and Belle will make it hundred times better.

I still have the N900 sim free and am unable to part with it, I can't imagine someone else getting it for some pathetic Ģ100 after being so brilliant for me since I bought it so I reflashed it, apart from overclocking it to 900mhz and installing cutetube and simple brightness left it stock and it is now serving as a great little tablet.